Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Laundry Area cabinets WWYD?

Posted by plumberry (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 15, 13 at 16:30

Our laundry area is in the garage. what type of cabs would you use? I'm thinking Ikea or Home Depot Kraftmaid or something like these. Probably a corian countertop for folding. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Laundry Area cabinets WWYD?

As I think about it, I think I would like to be able to close off the folding area within a cabinet. I would want all things laundry related behind doors to cut down on dust. But you will need to keep your washer door open to prevent mold smells, right? Maybe the actual W/D could be in the open but every thing else behind cabinet doors.

o

yes, I know it's a drag to have it in the garage.
I just find that I tend to fold or hang quickly (and have used the inside door of the dryer) and then bring in the house. It's very awkward so I imagined a small table/countertop, that would be wiped down beforehand (to eliminate dust) so that I can do the quick fold and hang. Maybe I could even have a removable cover to keep dust from landing there to begin with or as you say box it in. Now, I'm thinking maybe there's a way to add a short wall...Or, forget all of it and just carry everything in the house - though I can't think of an ideal set up. any other ideas are welcome.

o

Would any of those garage cabinets work for you? It seems they have all sorts of configurations to house stuff.

I know what its like to have awkward (or at least what we think is awkward) I have a refrigerator on my back enclosed porch, right around the corner from my tiny kitchen. It works, but is a bit fussy to maneuver.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here