Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kfpwvt

Laundry Hampers

kfpwvt
11 years ago

I planned my laundry room around nice double pullout hampers (2 sets) of these -- http://www.rev-a-shelf.com/p-47-hamper-bottom-mount-aluminum-with-wire-bins-for-closet.aspx Unfortunately I didn't realize these were CLOSET depth and not CABINET depth.

I'm left with a ton of wasted space -- but I planned cabinets to fit these not the other Rev-a-shelf choices and I cannot find a way to get the 4 bins I wanted in there with the purchased items.

I have 2 24 inch wide cabinets and I want each to have 2 bins (dark/white each divided cold/warm water bins). I have suggested side by side mounting of the 11 7/8 wide ones but they aren't thinking that will work well. Has anyone tried that (in one cabinet)? Or if I could just buy baskets that size they could make a drawer base they sit in. I'm having a hard time finding something to buy that would fit in a 12 inch wide cabinet depth opening other than the whole roll out system.

OR the cabinet guy can make me a big divided drawer which would use all my space nicely - down side is nothing is removable (in my old house I never removed my removable rev-a-shelf baskets it just went straight to the washer) although w 4 bins the distance to the washer from the farthest bins might make me want them removable. That is one concern there. The other is do I really need something ventilated? They can make some holes in the large drawer if I want -- but the ventilated baskets or canvas of the purchased systems end up in a closed cabinet anyway. Does it matter? Does anyone have a solid wood hamper?

The other option would to build some sort of frame to hang canvas bags I buy or have made from. I'm not sure what exactly I need to tell him to make for this. I can look at some of the hanging bag hampers you can buy for ideas -- but curious if anyone has done this.

I also have 2 sets of these lovely hampers for sale).

Comments (6)