Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rault85

Finally tried Persil... (Don't read Larsi!)

Rault85
9 years ago

After seeing so many postings about how wonderful Persil is, I decided to order some and give it a try. I got Universal and Color megaperls and some color gel....

To be able to compare it to Tide w/bleach (powder) I split a load of really dirty diapers into two equal loads and washed both with the exact same settings: sanitize with 3 extra rinses and 2 Tbsps of detergent.

Well, I have to say that Im pretty disappointed. Firstly, I found the scent to be nasty, sort of like a mix of pine and cheap cologne. I was really hoping it would smell light and soapy but it didn't to me. Even with a total of 5 rinses and drying, the smell was still noticeable and not very pleasant.

Secondly, when I compared the load washed with Persil to the one washed with Tide w/bleach, the Persil load still had some stains left on the diapers while the Tide load was white and stain free.

As far as the color gel, it was on par with my daily driver (Tide Total Care) so no noticeable difference there except for the smell.

I'll use up the megaperls on lightly soiled loads but probably won't be ordering anymore. Im actually kind of sad, I was really hoping to be amazed with it the way others are but oh well.

Comments (6)

• larsi_gw
    9 years ago

LOL andi2928!!!

I actually returned my last 2 batches of Persil MegaPerls. They also had, what I found to be a very unpleasant scent & the performance was actually awful. My gym clothes did not smell, nor look fresh & clean and dishtowels still had stains on them.

I do not know if Persil has changed formulas....but it is nothing like what I have known, used and loved since the 1980's! Although Tide he Powder "Original Scent" has been ruined by P & G...it still cleaned better than my last 2 boxes of Persil MegaPerls (regular and for colours). Tide Original he liquid performed better too.

Although either it is no longer made, or impossible to find....Tide with Bleach he Powder was amazing.
    I actually, for my whites, buy and use Tide with Bleach powder non-he. Since I have a front loader, that uses a lot less water than a top loader...I just greatly reduce the amount of powder. If using very hot or sanitize...it can produce a little too much suds, but it always rinses away clean from my clothes and machine. Smells clean and fresh too!!

• rococogurl
    9 years ago

Funny, I've had just the opposite experience. Fortunately, there are enough products to make everyone happy.

• sparky823
    9 years ago

Larsi-I am sure you have checked Wal Mart for the Tide/wbleach powder he but I see it there all the time. Usually in the original and clean breeze(which I HATE) scent. Give me the original scent anyday.

• larsi_gw
    9 years ago

sparky823.....I find Walmart to be evil and horrible, so I do not set foot in there.

FYI...P & G has dramatically changed the scent of Original "he" Tide. Gone is the scent that has graced this detergent for like 40 years. The new scent is awful!! It even makes the Clean Breeze scent attractive, which I too find horrible!!

P & G really, really makes me mad. If they want to add new scents....please, be our guest. Just like with their beloved, and now utterly destroyed April Fresh Downy....do not change scents that families have used for 4+ decades. Why P & G, Why???

• sparky823
    9 years ago

I hope that P&G will leave the original scent Tide w/bleach alone. Hate they have ruined the clean, fresh scent of regular Tide. If the Clean Breeze is good in comparison to the new "Original" I can't imagine how bad it smells. I do hate the Clean Breeze. Too Sweet for me.

• xedos
    9 years ago

Have you folks written to the CEO and marketing directors about your feelings ?

Often the guys making the decisions have no idea what the masses are thinking - only what their marketing surveys told them . And, I can make a marketing survey read anything I want by how I frame the questions.