Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
falcon50_gw

Miele T9800 vs T9802 Electric Dryer

falcon50
13 years ago

I just purchased a Miele T9800 electric dryer (floor model) and really dislike what the technician says is the airflow noise. It is extremely loud, particularly with heavier drying loads. Information on the T9802 indicates that the noise has been reduced by 30%. I am considering doing a swap for this newer model but would like to know if anyone has a T9802 and can comment on the noise level.

Comments (6)

• mieleforme
    13 years ago

I have a T9822 and the noise isn't bad. I never understood what all the fuss was about. But again, I have the most current and revised model.They did make a change to the blower. Look at this link. Scroll down to the end of the post, you will see pictures. Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: T9822

• larsi_gw
    13 years ago

After owning several T9800 dryers, I am VERY, VERY happy with my T9802. I think I have had it now about 4 months, maybe 6 months. The airflow noise seems quite a bit lower, even when doing large, heavy loads. I no longer feel the need to have to close the laundry room door! My young son is sleeping, as I type this, right above the laundry room & am I drying a fairly large load of beach towels. It is by no means whisper quiet, but it is very balanced and not obtrusive at all. I am very impressed with my Miele W4842 and T9802!! I just recently purchased the 5 year warranty thru Miele!

• westvillager
    13 years ago

I've had mine for a little less time than larsi (appears we have the same machines) and can attest to exactly the same -- minus the small child -- from at least one wall away. Silence. My computer and craft room share a door with the laundry room, however, and the air noise is clearly audible. Turning on my ipod or closing the door drowns it completely for the scant 15-20 mins it's on.

• falcon50
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. MIELEFORME, I have ordered the modified lint filter but have not yet had the conversation with Miele tech support regarding the blower. Interestingly, when the Miele certified technician was here, he had no knowledge regarding the lint filter (said customers order directly so he never hears about the results)and did not suggest replacing the blower. Unfortunately, he is a third party Miele tech rep .... apparently no direct Miele techs in my area. Does anyone have experience with doing a blower replacement? If yes, did it help with the noise?

• fpmom
    9 years ago

Larsi I'm wondering how your Miele W4842 and T9802 are doing after a few years? I have an opportunity to purchase both discontinued but want to find out how they have performed first! Any feedback welcome!

• larsi_gw
    9 years ago

fpmom....They work great! No issues ever!!!