Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Show me your amazing Laundry center - Birthday idea for DH

Posted by lalitha (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 2, 10 at 15:01

Please help me with creating a really nice laundry center for my DH.

He loves doing laundry. He says it relaxes him and he is very particular about the sorting, the detergents, taking clothes out of the dryer and hanging them up/ folding them. So for his birthday, I would like to surprise him with a really nice laundry center. We are in middle of a remodel and anyway need to buy new Washer/ Dryer etc.

1) We are working with a 9 ft closet in the hallway which currently has sliding doors.

Here is the wish wish list (please add to it and help me pick good choices!)

1. Front loading washer and gas dryer - Largish capacity and as fast as possible. Which brands/ models to consider?
2. Environmentally friendly - energy star, less water, power, does cold water wash well, less power for drying etc.
3. Dryer that does non-iron shirts and such well. Big enough to handle the washer load.
4. Are new new steam features worth it?
5. Good lighting.
6. Can I get some countertop on top of the washer/ dryer?
7. Is there a clever ironing board I can set up on top of the units?
8. What about a retractable clothes line for clothes that need to air dry occasionally
9. Anything clever to hang up clothes.. He would love to take a warm shirt from the dryer, give it a shake and hang it on the hangwer immediately instead of hauling it to the bed as he needs to currently.
10. Folding clothes.. I am assuming on top of the counter
11. Storage for detergent, dye catcher sheets, fabric softener, bleach alternatives
12. Is a mini sink a good idea for soaking/ washing out the detergent cup etc?
13. Lighting?
14. Should we have a hamper here? - We usually do whites, coloreds and dryclean (dryel). Mostly on delicate cycles.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Show me your amazing Laundry center - Birthday idea for DH

yes! i too would love to see some nice laundry rooms, or if there's already a thread covering this please let us know where :)

o
RE: Show me your amazing Laundry center - Birthday idea for DH

Here are lots that Oceana put together for us.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished Projects

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here