Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need faucet for laundry sink

Posted by dowbright (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 14:41

I just bought a small Swanstone Veritek laundry sink. Alas, though, I've never had one before and don't have any idea what kind of faucet to get. The tub is a cheap one, not a "nice" one, but I do need a faucet that's reliable and will last. Any suggestions? I know nothing on this topic, and when I search for faucet suggestions, all that comes up is more places to buy the darn sink. I guess I'm not wording it wisely! Please help? Thank you! :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need faucet for laundry sink

Check the Lowe's and Home Depot web sites, search for a single-handle kitchen faucet made by Delta. Then put in your price range. The one we have in our laundry room is in the $50-$100 range on the search. The nice thing about Delta is that you can always get parts. Ours is 26 years old, and I recently had to have a $25 "kit" of some sort replaced inside the ball-and-joint part, where the handle rotates. That was waaay cheaper than buying a new faucet.

o

I just installed a Delta 978-DST faucet in my laundry sink. My sink appears to be similar to yours. I love it, the spout swivels and has a pull-out spray. Makes me wonder why I put up with the standard utility faucet for so long.

o

Single handle kitchen faucet with a tall neck and a pull-out sprayer. Any reliable brand will be fine.

o

If you have a Costco check out their faucets. I've had good luck with the current one that has been in the laundry room for a couple decades. I also put one purchased from Costco into the RV probably five years ago. Haven't had any issues with either one.

o

You people are awesome! I chose the Delta 978-DST. I can't believe the immediate and personal feedback I get here. LOVE this forum! Thanks a million, kids. :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here