Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo1121

Bosch Nexxt Dryer 'Lint Filter' Alarm

flamingo1121
17 years ago

For those of you that have this dryer, when the load is dry and it beeps does the Lint Filter light also flash. Mine keeps doing this and I keep checking to see if the filter is full but it is not. I am tending to think this normal when the load is complete. I am correct or do I now have a bad dryer?

Comments (25)

• joe_in_philly
    17 years ago

Maybe the exhaust line is partially blocked. Have you cleaned the exhaust line lately?

Joe

• plumbly22
    17 years ago

you can turn off the beep by pressing the signal button, the light then goes out and it no longer beeps. I think the filter light is a reminder to check the filter and clean it when you empty the dryer, and not an indication there is a problem. BTW, I have noticed much LESS lint in this dryer than in my previous maytag.

did you figure out how to stop the wrinkle block from ALWAYS being on??? I'd like to shut it off when I'm drying and going to bed... it makes the husband crazy when it goes off and on in wrinkle block mode...

• flamingo1121
    Original Author
    17 years ago

To Joe in Philly, thank you for you suggestion but the dryer is very close to the outside and the vent was just cleaned and adjusted prior to installation of this new dryer. So I doubt it is clogged. Like plunmby22 mentioned I don't have the lint build up like I use to have from my prior machines (Kenmore TL, whirlpool calypso, and event the FL samsung).

To Plumby22 - sorry haven't figured that part out yet either. I did read in one of these posting that someone went with time dry and that avoided the wrinkle block mode.

I have found that I can leave a load in the dryer and have it run in the morning when another load is washing, when the clothes are dry, I switch and put the newly washed clothes in the dryer and set the washer to time delay for when my kids get home school (since I am at work when they get home). My son will start the dryer since he can hear the washer running. This system seems to be working really well and I am not doing laundry all weekend long.

Just a tip.

• mom4_2much2do
    17 years ago

flamingo1121- does your lint filter beep go off frequently while a load is drying? that beep is calling me over to the dryer every 10-15 minutes!

my exhaust vent run was completely replaced 4 months ago by a plumber; the in-house section is flex duct, it is clear and unkinked. The flapper at the end of the run is lifting open fine. i don't see how the dryer connection could have anything to do with this....I am not getting an error code, just the lint filter beep

I had the bosch nexxt elec. dryer for a week, lint filter ridiculous beeping with only a trace on there. due to damaged washer, that set went back.

now i have the siemens ultrasense gas dryer, exact same lint filter alarm going off all the time. Equally annoying is that the cycle time resets when one opens the door to clean the filter of nearly no lint; so i lose my countdown..

it does not seem to happen quite as often on air-fluff.

have you noticed anything that might cause this, or learned how to trick it?

• jakvis
    17 years ago

Most Bosch Dryers have a button on the control panel marked "Signal" Pushing this button will turn off the signal (beep)This is in my manual on page 18.
    The lint filter light is just a reminder light to check the filter and is not hooked up to any error or fault codes.
    It will flash any time the door is opened or at the end of any cycle. There is no reset to the light, just start the dryer.
    As to the filter itself it is a microfine filter. I used to see these on all dryers 25+ years ago but a lot of manufacturers went to cheaper and coarser filters. The problem is it works almost too well and clogs with fabric softner. It is easy to clean and i tell my customers to wash it with soap and water then rinse well every few months. This keeps it working the way it should.

• mom4_2much2do
    17 years ago

all-thanks for the replies!

i'm not using dryer sheets and the beep is happening while a load is drying (i.e. still quite wet, not damp dry) and i see the light on lint filter when i go to the machine.............

i could have it wrong as to the meaning of the beeps, maybe the dryer is telling me something else.....i hadn't turned off the signal yet just in case i need to know something the dryer is doing; i am still learning the machine.

it's not a deal breaker for us, but i dislike not knowing everything i should know about something around our property, i am a "preventative maintanence goes a long way" minded person and am very annoyed to spend money when something breaks or performs poorly if i could have done something............

• plumbly22
    17 years ago

mom4... did you ever figure out a way to stop that dratted wrinkle block from running??? I tried to switch to the timed cycles, but it still does the wrinkle block on/off routine for an hour! I REALLY want to find a way to disable that, especially when I turn the dryer on prior to going to bed!

• joereich
    17 years ago

Just last week, my Siemens dryer started beeping during a load (forget the code; maybe e01?). My wife ran out of fabric softner and started using sheets so I thougt that migh be it. The lint filter was fine. After another day of not using dryer sheets, I went into the attic to check the vent. Sure enough, the mesh screen was clogged up. I removed the screen to prevent further issues. Interesting that the dryer is this sensative and smart to tell me the vent was clogged. It's actually impressive.

• mom4_2much2do
    17 years ago

plumbly22- nope, i can't turn off one-hour wrinkle block; i could extend it with the anti-crease option to three hours :-(

maybe you could delay the start to early a.m. as back up alarm clock???????

• jeanneleez
    17 years ago

My new dryer keeps beeping constantly with the error code E:01 with the lint filter blinking. I keep changing the filter, but it is driving me CRAZY!!! Help!

• stever500
    17 years ago

jeanneleez: So did mine. Are you 100% sure your duct or vent isn't clogged to hel* with dryer lint built up over many years? Ours was (do a search and you'll see my post of TONS of lint taken out). Ours works great now, but our clothes are wrinkled as heck on most settings. I can't figure a way to get the clothes to not wrinkle so badly. We had to have a professional come out to clean our ducts and vent.

Steve R

• jakvis
    17 years ago

Stever500,
    In most cases your clothes are wrinkled by spining too fast in the washer.
    Try reducing the spin speed to see if that helps or using the Perm press cycle for everything except towels or denim
    When the washer spins at high speed it's not only extracting most of the water but it's also pressing the clothes and kind of ironing the wrinkles into the fabric.
    Also shake out the clothes before throwing them into the dryer.

• craig5459_msn_com
    16 years ago

According to the owners manual it looks like the blinking lint filter light is not an error. Only if the E01 code comes up does it mean there is something wrong. Like most automatic dryers the moisture sensor doesn't work well. Need to put it on time drying which is the settings on the bottom part of the dial (high, med, air fluff) and just dry by time. Link to the Nexxt 800 series manual is: http://www.bshextranet.com/files/techtoolbox/9000230677_ver10_WTMC8321.pdf

Here is a link that might be useful: Boschappliances.com

• setobias_bellsouth_net
    13 years ago

I am also having the E01 error. The lint screen is clean and there is no blockage on the venting. Anyway I can trick it to not happen. Bosch has come out several times and they can't solve it.

• iwanttobelieve1013_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

i just moved into my dads house and i am not sure how long he has had the washer and dryer, but when i was little i was always told to check the lint filter, and i do till this day. the issue i am having with my dads dryer is that 5-10min of starting the dryer the lint filter light blinks and beeps, if you dont do anything about it, it was start drying again BUT the time will reset! so it will dry ALL NIGHT! if you go down and check the lint filter, there is NOTHING on it. my dad has looked outside, took the piping off the dryer and to the outside, nothing is there to cause this to happen. should we get a can of pressed air and spray any little lint that could be stuck under the filter?

• j_ingebrigtson_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

Same problem, clean filter, alarm would sound and shut dryer off and there seemed like there was not good heat for drying,took forever to dry a load.The fix was I took the back off and cleaned off the lint that had built up on the heating element (electric dryer). The elements (3) have finns on them( to transfer the heat to the air) and were clogged with lint. This caused low air flow into the dryer as well as causing the elements to not heat as long because the lack air flow was not removing the heat from them so the sensor would shut them down to prevent them from overheating. Works good now dries well

• N0pe_0ne_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Everybody hates the one hour wrinkle block cycle, As do I .. Smh.
    For the people that like it HIGH FIVE, not.

• Bchareth_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

If your ducts are clean the problem is simply the lint screen needs to be thoroughly cleaned with hot water until it's white again... I paid $126 for them to tell me that, works fine now..... Go figure.

• ReneQ
    12 years ago

My wife has a Bosch Premium dryer that had drying problems. The lint filter would get cleaned but the machine still did not operate correctly, as you explained above. Her machine was made in 2005 and the lint screen, the plastic slotted unit in front of the lint filter was the problem. It gets clogged up with hair/lint that never makes it to the filter. I tried a shop vac to vacuum it but the problem was still there. Get a pistol cleaning kit for a 22 cal gun. Pull the lint filter out & then take the pistol rod and insert it from the drum side into each slot and pull out the tons of lint. Pull the lint off the rod when done and take a flame to burn the rest off as the rod is a brass brush with small wires on it.

• SwampDonkey
    9 years ago

THIS WORKS...
    After the lint filter is clean. Open the door, reach your hand in, and spin that thing around twice. You hear a slight click sound, and BOOB your in business.

I did this after I cleaned the lint filter with high pressure water in my shower, the lint trap with a vacuum hose (Jerry Rigged nozel to make it skinny enough,) And cleaned out the back hose area with a vacuum hose.
    Thing has been giving us problems for years, but I hope this keeps working.

• HU-292756654
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Bosch nexxt gas dryer - error code e-01

,,,, E-01 saying - clean lint filter

........... our dryer kept buzzing ..

no matter what we tried .

we over cleaned lint filter in sink with soap and tooth brush

and had company come in and clean duct inside wall .

nothing worked.

* so we took dryer apart and discovered the dryer blower squirrel cage down stream / past the lint trap ..... was completely blocked/clogged from a bad Bosch design in the dryer tub.. itself

inside dryer , on the right hand side far right last 2 inches ....when you look inside dryer....... the plastic vent leading to lint filter trap --- allows large amounts of lint to bypass the filter screen itself

and this leads to the squirrel cage pulling the wet lint into the impeller blades

... lots of lint... (that should have been caught by filter )

too much lint which clogged blower

and the dryer would no longer work correctly .

( blower could not create any air discharge pressure at all ) causing error code )

once we took the entire dryer part

and cleaned the blower box and impeller blades .

the dryer now works like new again

and no more annoying lint error code noisy buzzer ..

...a bad Bosch design

allows lint to bypass trap.

so it will eventually need to be done again.

this amount of lint in the blower motor ... prevents dryer from functioning normally

• dadoes
    4 years ago

That's very bad on the fan ... but just to say, it's not unusual for any and all dryers to collect some amount of lint in the blower and filter housings.

• PRO
    CoolAir Inc.
    3 years ago

The motor will get exhausted with these conditions. Get it clean every now and then or it will effect the performance badly.

• HU-292756654
    3 years ago

it is a bad bosch design (requires nationwide recall for fire hazard)

because extra dryer tub side-venting in lint trap area

allows lint to bypass trap screen and build up in squirrel cage fins

this blocks dryer heat from escaping safely

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!