Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Boston Selling Electrolux Washer and Dryer Help

Posted by cinemascreen (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 13:56

Hope this is ok to post here. I live in the Boston area am moving and purchased and Electrolux Steam Washer and Dryer set less than a year ago.

I cannot put it where I am moving, and have put it on craigslist at a good price. I bought it at Lowes and bought the extended warranty, but I haven't had one nibble yet.

I know craigslist is where bargain hunters go, but does anyone have any idea where to try to sell this at a decent price to buyers who are looking for upgraded appliances?

I also have a SS Maytag Fridge I bought and love that I'm trying to sell, too, so it's not just laundry.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Boston Selling Electrolux Washer and Dryer Help

It all depends on what you are asking in the way of price. If you have it priced near what you paid for it, it's not going to sell. People who buy things on Craigslist know that there is a risk in purchase and expect that to be reflected in the price.

Have you considered Ebay? You can start pricing high there and relist and relist at a lower price each time until it sells.

Or you could contact a used appliance dealer and see what they would offer you for the set.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here