Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
david1217

Fisher&Paykel DEGX1UD dryer

david1217
10 years ago

Hello all I am hoping member DADOES will see this call for help. Purchased this dryer 6-21-05 had motor replaced 9-19-08. The bearing was making a noise that sounded like a squeeky spring but the tech and I found it to be a motor bearing,according to tech no servicing is done on this motor by F&P dealers, this cost me $ 286.39 for a new motor installed. Now for a week or so same problem and as before in one dirrection only. I kept the old motor and pulled the bearing org SKF 6202-RSH/C3LHT23 my bearing had SKF 6202- 2RSJEM in stock which is the same but with a different lube. cost in 2008 $ 9.25 .Well I can handle the motor but can not remember exactly how to open the machine all I am positive about is you don't even have to moove the machines position or the duct work, I was impressed.
Please ,please can someone refresh my memory on this simple but a little risky to attempt without guideance.
Oh by the way I am a gentleman of 70 years of age and only do three light loads per week and I sleep on a single bed. I was the full size bed every three months or so to keep it fresh unless I have company.
DADOED I want to add that I enjoy reading you posts because I am a doityourselfer , I think the idea of hidden fasteners is so elegant but if you pry on the wrong thing can be expensive.
Thanks to all that contribute to these forums David

Comment (1)