Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Laundry Room!

Posted by jlynn17 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 8, 10 at 13:28

It is small but it is done and I love it, especially after having to go out to the garage to do laundry before!

Washer and Dryer: Samsung
Cabinet/wall/trim paint: BM Richmond Grey
Counter: Desert Limestone Quartz
V-Groove Backsplash
Moen Faucet
Tile: 17x17 Rocks Beige with Oyster Grey grout
Hardware: Emtek 86092 - SP
Laundry Rack by Ballard Design

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Laundry Room!

Oops, the picture didn't show up. Here it is:

o

It's beautiful! I love the window - it makes the room so bright. I have the same wall drying racks and I love them. Did you get them from Ballards?

o

Congratulations!! Your new room is awesome, and it does not look small! My laundry room is for sure smaller, and while it has a door leading outside..there is no window! I love your window, and the previous member stated; it lets in great natural light. Very classic, tasteful and timeless choice for materials and colours! Excellent!

o

Wow, you did a fabulous job on this! Beautiful Laundry room...I only wish my laundry room were this small....in that I mean, mine is smaller. :)

I'm still in renovation and loving your Ballard Laundry Rack. Are they actually built into the wall? I can still do this I think. Thanks for sharing your photo.

o

Beautiful! Love the beadboard backsplash and the laundry rack. Did you ever consider stacking the units rather than opting for pedastals? Just starting our reno and I'm still deciding. I have space for either arrangement,but will likely opt to stack.

o

Thanks for the compliments!

The laundry rack is from Ballard. I didn't like the white with antique white color (I don't know why they didn't make it all white). My cabinet maker sprayed it the color of my cabinets so it blends in. It is just hung on the wall like normal.

We bought the washer/dryer before the reno and they were out in the garage and we got the pedestals then. I did consider stacking though so I could have more counter space. That would definitely have been a good option.

My laundry room definitely makes doing laundry feel less like a chore!

o

jlyn

I have seen several of your posts - What an incredible renovation you have done in your home

I would enjoy doing laundry in there!

o

Well done! Very beautiful!

I do have one question though, who makes the pull-down rack over the washer/dryer? I didn't see anything like that on the Ballard site.

Again, beautiful job!

o

Very cool!!!!!!!!

That picture could go into Better Homes and Garden easily! Looks like much attention to detail was paid in this room :)

o

peteyjd: The pull down rack over the washer is by a company called Hafele. I believe it is a German company. My cabinet maker ordered it for me, but I think you may be able to find it online. It solved the problem of where to put hanging clothes. I didn't want a bar over the sink at the window and since I have pedestals under the W/D it needed to be high. It pulls down so I can reach it. It isn't very pretty but it is functional!

o

Thanks!

I think it's pretty--form follows function.

Thanks again, and congrats on the great job!

o

What are the dimensions of your laundry room? Very, very pretty.

o

The laundry room is 12 1/2' x 7'. It would be great if it was a little longer for more counter space for folding. However, if we didn't have pedestals under the w/d we could have had counter there. I do love it though!

o

Breathtaking!!! Awesome!! Fantastic!

That is the prettiest laundry room I've seen. Wow.

One question about the Ballard laundry rack - do you hang clothes from it or throw them over the racks?

o

Thanks hoyamom! I throw the clothes over the rungs of the rack like you would a regular drying rack. I was concerned about how well the clothes would dry as they overlap a little but it works great. I love my rack. Ballard does sell one that has something at the bottom that flips out to hang things on hangers if you want both options.

o

Beautiful laundry room.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here