Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlynn17_gw

New Laundry Room!

jlynn17
13 years ago

It is small but it is done and I love it, especially after having to go out to the garage to do laundry before!

{{!gwi}}

Washer and Dryer: Samsung

Cabinet/wall/trim paint: BM Richmond Grey

Counter: Desert Limestone Quartz

V-Groove Backsplash

Moen Faucet

Tile: 17x17 Rocks Beige with Oyster Grey grout

Hardware: Emtek 86092 - SP

Laundry Rack by Ballard Design

Comments (16)

• jlynn17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oops, the picture didn't show up. Here it is:

{{!gwi}}

• stbonner
    13 years ago

It's beautiful! I love the window - it makes the room so bright. I have the same wall drying racks and I love them. Did you get them from Ballards?

• larsi_gw
    13 years ago

Congratulations!! Your new room is awesome, and it does not look small! My laundry room is for sure smaller, and while it has a door leading outside..there is no window! I love your window, and the previous member stated; it lets in great natural light. Very classic, tasteful and timeless choice for materials and colours! Excellent!

• remodelzombie
    13 years ago

Wow, you did a fabulous job on this! Beautiful Laundry room...I only wish my laundry room were this small....in that I mean, mine is smaller. :)

I'm still in renovation and loving your Ballard Laundry Rack. Are they actually built into the wall? I can still do this I think. Thanks for sharing your photo.

• b_lizzie
    13 years ago

Beautiful! Love the beadboard backsplash and the laundry rack. Did you ever consider stacking the units rather than opting for pedastals? Just starting our reno and I'm still deciding. I have space for either arrangement,but will likely opt to stack.

• jlynn17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the compliments!

The laundry rack is from Ballard. I didn't like the white with antique white color (I don't know why they didn't make it all white). My cabinet maker sprayed it the color of my cabinets so it blends in. It is just hung on the wall like normal.

We bought the washer/dryer before the reno and they were out in the garage and we got the pedestals then. I did consider stacking though so I could have more counter space. That would definitely have been a good option.

My laundry room definitely makes doing laundry feel less like a chore!

• jejvtr
    13 years ago

jlyn

I have seen several of your posts - What an incredible renovation you have done in your home

I would enjoy doing laundry in there!

• peteyjd
    13 years ago

Well done! Very beautiful!

I do have one question though, who makes the pull-down rack over the washer/dryer? I didn't see anything like that on the Ballard site.

Again, beautiful job!

• mark40511
    13 years ago

Very cool!!!!!!!!

That picture could go into Better Homes and Garden easily! Looks like much attention to detail was paid in this room :)

• jlynn17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

peteyjd: The pull down rack over the washer is by a company called Hafele. I believe it is a German company. My cabinet maker ordered it for me, but I think you may be able to find it online. It solved the problem of where to put hanging clothes. I didn't want a bar over the sink at the window and since I have pedestals under the W/D it needed to be high. It pulls down so I can reach it. It isn't very pretty but it is functional!

• peteyjd
    13 years ago

Thanks!

I think it's pretty--form follows function.

Thanks again, and congrats on the great job!

• ccintx
    13 years ago

What are the dimensions of your laundry room? Very, very pretty.

• jlynn17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The laundry room is 12 1/2' x 7'. It would be great if it was a little longer for more counter space for folding. However, if we didn't have pedestals under the w/d we could have had counter there. I do love it though!

• hoyamom
    13 years ago

Breathtaking!!! Awesome!! Fantastic!

That is the prettiest laundry room I've seen. Wow.

One question about the Ballard laundry rack - do you hang clothes from it or throw them over the racks?

• jlynn17
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks hoyamom! I throw the clothes over the rungs of the rack like you would a regular drying rack. I was concerned about how well the clothes would dry as they overlap a little but it works great. I love my rack. Ballard does sell one that has something at the bottom that flips out to hang things on hangers if you want both options.

• donnawb
    13 years ago

Beautiful laundry room.