Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maytag WD vs. Electrolux WD

Posted by kbeachbum02 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 22, 10 at 13:21

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the Maytag Washer (MHWE950W)and Dryer (MEDE900VW) or the Electrolux Steam WD. Any advice? Comments regarding capacity, vibration, wash result would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maytag WD vs. Electrolux WD

Well there is a big price difference, especially if u buy the Wavetouch machine. The Electrolux is a bigger capasity machine, has a reverseable door. The maytag is a whirlpool product, and I have a HE3T which is a great machine, cleans really well. I can say which is better for vibration control, since I never used the Lux.

o
RE: Maytag WD vs. Electrolux WD

We bought the Maytag MHWE550 and MEDE500 in July and I'm happy with them. They are the same size as the ones you are considering just a couple less cycles. Clothes come out very clean. I have only used the sanitize cycle once - worked great but a little long. Also have used the steam funcion on the washer a couple of times and once on the dryer. The washer has a quiet option that we use when we have a mixed load with towels. Keeps the load balanced with less vibration. Our laundry room is above the basement so were were concerned with vibration but while it does vibrate on some loads it doesn't walk. Ours are on pedestals. Door is fixed on the washing machine but the dryer door is reversible. Good luck with your decision.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here