Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crashbox

Miele W4842 program/service menus

crashbox
13 years ago

I'm virtually brand new to this forum so I apologize if what I mention here has already been discussed.

I received my Miele W4842 about two days ago and I attempted several times to enter program mode where you can modify certain machne parameters. I finally got the method correct and tweaked a few settings, e.g., maximum water level set to ON for more thorough rinsing (our water is so soft here in the Pacific Northwest they export it worldwide for use in waterbeds :).

It is known that when you close the door while holding down the START button, after the LED begins flashing rapidly you then press the START button rapidly three times and hold for the service menu, five times and hold for program mode. One thing I discovered is it appears the rapidity of the START button presses is not nearly as important as the cadence, or regularity of rhythm. This machine seems to be ***very*** finicky regarding this.

I have also found there is a "Rinse Process" submenu which I cannnot find any information on- even in the copy of the Service Manual I have... if anyone knows what this submenu is for I would sure like to know, thank you in advance.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this tidbit...

Comments (2)