Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need repair help, no heat in GE Harmony dryer!

Posted by bookert (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 12:55

So I've noticed for the past month or two that my dryer
was sometimes not drying. Also hearing some strange noises, hard to describe, but kind of pingy if that makes sense.
Once in a great while ( I line dry and then use a short heat setting to fluff) I notice the heat comes on, again I hear noises, but not the blowers when it finally kicks in.
Well maybe I just don't hear the propane coming in anymore??

I troubleshooted the problem on the main screen. It says to check the fuses and breaker switches.
Where are the fuses on this dryer??

JFYI, I LOVE this dryer as it has the double blower and dries amazingly fast for my needs!
Is this a fairly simple fix and cost effective (dryer is approx. 6 years old) or should I look for a replacement??

Thanks so much for your timely replies as I sooooo need my dryer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need repair help, no heat in GE Harmony dryer!

I know nothing about gas dryers, but . . . Have you checked the vent ducting (that goes outside) to make sure it is not clogged up with lint? That can make a dryer act like a heat element isn't working.

o
RE: Need repair help, no heat in GE Harmony dryer!

No, I ran a diagnostic system ck again in the service mode.
It now adds a new possible problem with the therm.... I can't remember how it's spelled.
I'm so bummmed!
Spent most of the day either troubleshooting or looking for a replacement. Sheesh dryers are expensive!
I would like help from those who LOVE their newer dryers!
Thanks much!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here