Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So confusing--can't decide!

Posted by quattroangeli (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 12:52

I have been researching washing machines for the past several days (including this site) and have narrowed it down to two machines.

I really like the Maytag Bravos MVWB300WQ. The price is right and it is a large capacity washer. I have seen many good reviews on this brand. I am not used to the new high efficiency washers but can get used to it.

I took at look at Home Depot yesterday. An employee offered his advice as to why I would want the LG Wave Force WT5001CW as opposed to the Maytag. This is a newer model and for this, I am thinking I shouldn't try something so new.

Anyone have any input on these two washers? My clothes are piling up and it is making me crazy!! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So confusing--can't decide!

I have that LG model (since last Sept, so one year now), and I LOVE it. Still. I can wash two queen-sized down comforters at once; or all of the sheets from two beds; or two weeks worth of one person's laundry. I love the cheery tune it plays at the end of the cycle. I haven't had a problem with the clothes tangling. And if you search the reviews for this model, the majority of reviews are very positive.

I can't speak for the maytag; I've never had or used one, nor known anyone who has.

I do know that researching any appliance can be mind-boggling, so I wish you luck!

o

I recently purchased a LG WaveForce washer and dryer, and am incredibly pleased with them so far. The option of easily adding extra water or extra rinses to the washer cycle is especially wonderful. I got the washer model with the internal heater and dryer with steam (WT5101H & DLEX5101). A higher end Maytag with an internal heater (requirement in my book) was on my initial list for consideration, but the prices were higher and reviews lower, so I discounted them fairly quickly.

Here is my previous post:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/laundry/msg082312064133.html?7

Scroll to the bottom for my initial review.

Hope this helps!

Here is a link that might be useful: Initial Review of LG WaveForce Washer/Dryer Set (scroll to bottom)

o

I recently bought the Electrolux IQ Touch and I have to admit I love the machine; I look forward to doing laundry every single time. It washes and rinses incredibly well. There have been comments about shavings from the rubber gasket; however, that old tends to be in machines which are not perfectly level. I've been extremely happy; I guess part of the reason was because I got it at Lowes for $637; about $462 off the suggested retail price :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here