Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whirlpool Cabrio Error "UL"

Posted by bobbie46 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 11:33

My Whirlpool Cabrio is about 6-7 years old. It cannot seem to finish the spin cycle without UL error light showing up and stopping after a few terrible minutes of lurching and banging. I have tried everything I know, redistributing clothes every which way, leveling machine with a level, everything. Without coming to the house, our dealer's repair person suggests it is the bearings. If bearings, parts $600+. He says buy a new machine. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whirlpool Cabrio Error "UL"

Possibly bearings, but could also be the suspension rods need replacement.

BTW, Whirlpool now has a service procedure, parts, and tool to directly replace the bearings without requiring the entire outer tub.

o
RE: Whirlpool Cabrio Error "UL"

Thanks Dadoes. I'll check and see if the $600+, parts only, no labor includes a new tub.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here