Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
queensinfo

Fix or Replace

queensinfo
10 years ago

After researching here, i am very concerned about purchasing a new washer and having it be junk or having to explain to everyone how to use it. I have the Kenmore model 110.92291100 and maytag fibramatic A610 washing machines in my house (both are maybe mid-90s vintage if i had to guess). The prior owner had 2 washers, not sure why but it is helpful. Both washers started to leak within a month of each other. We have been living with the small puddle on the floor (tile basement) but i am concerned that one day it will be 25 gallons of water all over the place. The leak seems to turn up right after filling once the "washing" starts.

Should I attempt a repair or replace? I hate to spend a couple of hundred bucks to repair one or both machines only to have something else go, but also dont want to drop 800 bucks if i dont need to. I wont buy 2 washers and would probably consider the speed queen 542 as the reviews seem great and wash time is important (and noise is not). I am a little worried about the capacity though. I don't need a dryer as the Maytag dryer (same series as the washer above) works great.

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Comments (2)