Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FL without pedestals

Posted by angel411 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 8:54

Hi!
I have had the Samsung FL's for a few years. Now, we are trying to make our laundry room layout more efficient. I would like to take the machines off of their pedestals and put a counter top above them for folding (see pic below), and probably hang some upper cabinets. Has anyone gone from pedestals to no pedestals? Will I hate having to bend that low? Anyone BTDT?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FL without pedestals

its a personal thing. dont worry what others say. even my short wife likes the pedestals. I'm tall, so of course I NEED the pedestals. go with what YOU want.

o

I have two FL sets. One on pedestals, none on the other. While I like the height to load and unload clothes using the pedestal set, I prefer to fold on the non-pedestal set. I think in the end, I would go for the extra counter space. It seems no matter how much you counter space you have, it isn't enough.

o

I agree, aamassther. That's why I've decided to just go for it. Thank you for weighing in with your experience!

o

Angel411 - just finished remodeling, and I've got FL's / no pedestals - with countertop. And I absolutely love having the countertop. Door openings on my Electrolux w/d are such that loading and unloading the units is not a hassle or annoyance for me [I'm 5'6" and 63 yrs old, no 'spring chicken'...] - And the countertop space is priceless. Just my thoughts here...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here