Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Tide w/bleach powder HE?

Posted by cme10ae (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 11 at 8:20

I can't find it anywhere, does anyone know who stocks it? I'm in Michigan.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Tide w/bleach powder HE?

I bought mine at Walmart.

o

I've been to 3 Walmarts and their web site...no HE version.

o
Try soap.com

You can always order it from SOAP.COM. You can use my 20% off first order coupon code: SXNN6356. That should help if you can't find it anywhere else.

o

Wal-Mart and Target down here in TN stock it in-store. I haven't seen it at local grocery stores such as Publix or Kroger other than either the non-HE version or the little mini-sizes which don't go very far.

o

Thanks for the coupon, but soap.com doesn't have the HE version either. I checked a few Target stores. The P&G online store is out of stock...finally found it at Amazon but it seems pricey at $18.69 for 63 loads (subscribe price).

Ok, this is strange - when I search at Target.com I get an error. There's something funky going on with this product.

o

Target, Walmart and food lion have it too. Its easy to find here in NC and Va

o

I noticed this evening the local Wal-Mart carries Tide HE with Bleach Alternative. 63-load box is $13.something.

o

Oh poo. Well, although you don't see it on walmart.com, my local store stocks the product. I bought a box of it a couple of weeks ago. You may have to try a few stores.

o

First bought at Target a couple of months ago. Don't see it there now. Just bought a 140 load box at BJ's Wholesale for $29.49 net of $3.00 coupon. Not cheap, but it seems to be the new favorite for everything but the darks.

Not widely available around here in the Boston area.

o

That same 140 load box is 36 something here in Southeast Va at BJ's. you sure got a deal on it.

o

I've seen it here at Walmart and I think Target sells it too, but BJ's price was far better. I also used a BJ's and a P&G coupon when I bought it there, which made the price even lower.

o
So you who use this product like it?

It looks like we are going to change from liquid to powder detergent.
We currently use liquid Tide HE with bleach alternative.
If we can find the powder in a store around here, would you recommend it?
Thanks!

o
A follow-up question

With the powder Tide, would you also recommend using less than what the manufacturer says? We use about half the liquid Tide that the package says to use, so I'm assuming this would carry over to powder use.
We only do average sized loads, we don't try to cram the washer chock-full.
Thanks again!

o

@kcred - I'm still new at the FL transition, but so far my experience has been that I must use no more than half the recommended dose for a *full* load in our particular FL washer. I think you'll be safe to use the same proportions with powder as you did liquid, but watch the water in the final rinse cycle for sudsing. YMMV

o

@ kcred

Ask your local water company about the hardness of the water. That will be the most important indicator IMHO. If you have medium hard water, the manufacturer's recommendation may be adequate. Hard water may require more. Soft water may require less. Let your local water hardness be your guide.

o

I finally found the stuff at Meijer!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here