Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
recordaras

How to access Program Mode in Miele W3038

recordaras
9 years ago

After almost four years without a washer yesterday my W3038 and T8023 were finally delivered and installed! Once the first Sanitary cycle was over, I tried to get into Program Mode to turn on Max water level, but following the instructions and pressing the Start button five times gave me the Service Mode menu. I immediately thought that the functions were reversed, and Service was 5 while Program was 3, but alas. I then tried all combinations up to 10, but nothing brought up Service Mode. :(
(There's room for user error here, though - I am not always able to access the Service menu after five presses, must have something to do with my timing)

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the W3038, or any ideas on what combination of buttons I could try to use.

Comments (11)

• georgect
    9 years ago

Is the W3038 like the W3033?
    There's a video on Youtube showing the Program Mode.
    Check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Youtube Link - Miele Program Mode

• recordaras
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, georgect! Unfortunately, following those instructions brings up Service Mode, so they must have changed something in the 3038 vs the rest of the 303* series.

• georgect
    9 years ago

Oh, sorry I couldn't help.
    Maybe you can call the Technical Support line.

Service (post-sale help):
    All Residential Appliances:
    1-(800)-999-1360

• recordaras
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, looks like it remains a mystery! Spoke with tech support (thank you for the number, georgect), they said that they do not have a manual due to the machine being so new. Then the tech actually went on the floor to play around with a display model and see if he could access the Service Menu, but no luck there. He said he would send an email to Engineering and get back to me, but it might be they did away with the feature completely, since they have generally been moving towards more automation. :(

• enduring
    9 years ago

I have a Meile 3033 that was bought last summer. I have tried to access the "Program Mode" by using the instructions in the linked video that Georgect posted. It will not work on my machine. I have very carefully followed all the nuances in the video but I can not access the program mode. Has there been a change in the later models of the 3033?

• practigal
    9 years ago

Any updates?

• recordaras
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Unfortunately, no. They never called me back (surprise, surprise), and in the meantime I have found the regular rinse to work extremely well even without the added adjustments, so I haven't felt the need to switch to Max water level.

• practigal
    9 years ago

One of Amazon reviewers said that the feature was actually just not available and that this is a known defect. I would consider pushing on this and getting a refund because it is unreasonable to pay a lot of money and not be able to have the feature promised.

• Josh
    9 years ago

Recordaras, I am loooking to purchase this same set, how is the condenser dryer performing for you? Im coming from a top load lg set that is 3 months old that I purchased to replace a BOL 2 year old samsung front load pair that I absolutely hated. The lg is a good pair if you get used to the thing and I am just not adjusting well at all.

• recordaras
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi @jkbff, sorry for not replying sooner. The dryer is... fine. To be honest that's pretty much all I can say about it. Coming from Europe, I've only used condenser dryers, so I can't compare with vented options, and the Miele performs similarly to all the dryers I've used before, maybe with a little less sheet "cocooning" due to the reverse tumble, and with a great Woolens cycle that I use on delicates quite a bit.

Other than that, if we didn't have to stack, I think I would have gone with a less expensive dryer. I'm not sure the Miele has enough extra features to justify the cost premium.

What did you not like about the Samsung dryer? I can let you know if I face any similar issues with the Miele.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County