Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a yellow laundry-room?

Posted by jane__ny (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 0:14

Just had my laundry-room enlarged and need to paint. The room is 10x12 and does not have a window. My washer/dryer are new Electrolux in steel grey.

Want to brighten the room and make it feel 'sunny.' Cabinets will be white and floor is cream/tan tile. I was thinking a pale yellow might feel nice with the grey appliances.

Anyone have pictures of their yellow laundry-room?

Thanks,
Jane

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a yellow laundry-room?

Be careful with yellow. It always looks more yellow than those innocent paint swatches. Ask me how I know. LOL Choose the absolute palest version you can find.

A friend of mine bought quarts and painted poster board with each color. Then she tacked it to the wall in her kitchen. That gave her a large swatch and good enough idea about how each color would look. It got expensive, so she chose her paint colors carefully.

My next door neighbors painted their living room in a very pale yellow, and it is beautiful. It is the color of a banana, NOT the banana peel, but the edible banana part. Very soft and cheerful.

o

Good advice, thank you!

Jane

o

o

I had a yellow laundry room for years. Mine didn't have a window either and it was very cheerful -- I loved it. I don't know what shade it was, but it wasn't garish. IIRC, 'pale lemon' was in the paint color title. That was a long time ago, so I'm sure that's changed.

o

Still not finished but thought I'd post a photo. The only light is a ceiling light so the paint looks darker than it is. Used BM Lemon Sorbet and I like it. Doesn't scream yellow, but is definitly yellow!

Sorry, but the lighting in the room is terrible. Some of the photos look greenish but the paint is definitly yellow.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jane

o

Jane, my laundry/utility room is going to be a yellow and the color looks very much like your last photo. It's also the paint used in my new kitchen and we love the color.

o

yes. BM powder sand is light yellow.. cheery but.not like a lemon or a banana! It is very soft. I used linen sand for the trim which is off white. It looks great and classy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here