Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cassie22_gw

Stacking Washer/Dryer --- how much vibration is normal?

cassie22
13 years ago

Hi all!

I finally gave up on my Cabrio and traded it in for the Samsung WF210ANW and matching dryer (front loaders). MUCH happier even after only 2 loads.

We had to stack them and have never done this before. How much movement/vibration is normal? For the most part, the washer does an excellent job at not vibrating. When it gets into the high spin, you'd never know it. Its great! However, when it is just 'tossing' the clothes around, you can see the dryer moving a bit. The washer obviously must have some movement in this part of the cycle, although you can't see/hear it. No bad noises or anything like that, the dryer isn't going to budge, but there is some movement. When it first goes into a high spin, it does sometimes jostle the dryer around for just a few seconds before it really gets into the spin.

Do the stacked machines ever move (not sliding around moving, but the you can see the dryer moving "with" the washer's movement? Is this acceptable as long as there is no major bouncing around etc?

Leveling the suckers is pretty tough (HEAVY to try to lift a corner to unscrew the feet a bit!). Not sure if you're supposed to level the washer first prior to stacking, but I didn't have a choice during the install (was just told "it seems pretty level" by the delivery/setup guys).

Any advice/experiences from those of you who have stacked machines is appreciated! :)

Thanks!

Comments (4)