Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Liquid Laundry Detergent Dispenser

Posted by kellycrash (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 23:25

After looking at some amazing laundry rooms I was wondering how I could spruce mine up. My laundry room just has a shelf above the washer/dryer. I have nowhere to hide anything and hiding the laundry detergent is just inconvenient.

I was wondering if something like this would work for laundry detergent

http://www.dillards.com/product/Home-Essentials-Del-Sol-2.75Gallon-Drink-Dispenser_301_-1_301_502222122

Or would it just get clogged up and be a waste of money? I actually saw something just like that at Walmart made of plastic that I'm sure would be a heck of a lot cheaper...

Here is a link that might be useful: Drink Dispenser for Laundry Detergent?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Liquid Laundry Detergent Dispenser

That's a interesting idea... I do know that when I have had the big detergent bottles that have the dispenser on them.. I have had to put a folded up wash cloth underneat to catch drips. I just can't imagine that you would not have to do the same with this dispenser. Be sure to let us know if you try it and how it works...

o

FYI....I was in Big Lots yesterday and they had a very pretty, square glass drink dispenser for 9.99. If you have a Big Lots near you, you might want to check it out. It held 1.32 gallons.

o

Thanks. I saw a decent looking one at Walmart that was plastic. I probably won't be trying this for awhile. If anyone else has any thoughts or comments I'd appreciate it.

o

Maybe this is a dumb question, but why not just buy detergent in a container which already has a dispenser on it? Large bulk sizes, such as those sold in warehouse stores, typically come in such containers, and their unit pricing is typically significantly lower than smaller containers. I even buy fabric softener in this type of container, and save a lot of $$$ by doing so. I don't have a problem with drips, but I am very careful when dispensing the detergent or fabric softener.

o

I do buy the big containers with the dispenser. I was trying to pretty up the laundry room. A big orange container of TIDE is just not pretty.

o

I think it would clog. A repair man told me fabric softener dispenser will clog if you don't dilute the liquid softener with half water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here