Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ekcjc_gw

Announcement for Kenmore Oasis washing machine

ekcjc
15 years ago

I purchased the Oasis washing machine and dryer a little over 2 years ago. The machine has been giving me trouble for awhile now. It will beep nonstop, will not always start, starts spraying water and spinning on its own and now cannot control the temperature of the water. No, I did not buy the extended warranty. Our thought was that for $2000 the machines should be great and it's a Kenmore. My mother's old green Kenmore washer went for close to 18 years. Anyway, called the repair number today to get a price quote for fixing the washer. Could not get one, however would I like to buy the extended warranty for $219? I had to ask if the repair limit was $500 and it is. I think that it will cost more than $500 to fix. Was told that if repairs were over $500, Sears would give me a voucher for $500. So it would really be $281 after I purchased the warranty. Getting irritated, I asked if there was going to be a recall on these machines. Transferred me to the recall department. Finally some good news! I was told that Sears is going to make an "annoucement" regarding certain Oasis washing machines. Could he please have my model and serial number. My set is included in the "announcement". So, I asked when the annoucement is going to be made. Could not tell me. I need a new machine or this one fixed soon. I am going to start emailing and calling the company. Maybe if all of us broken Oasis owners start taking up the cause they will make their "annoucement" soon.

My model number is 110.27062600.

Serial number CT1270119

Comments (68)

• dixiedarlin10
    14 years ago

Good to hear you were able to adjust the hose and address that problem. Why don't you have Sears change the control. That way you are starting fresh.

• deena_2010
    13 years ago

ok.. so I have a Kenmore elite oasis.. and up until last night worked fine.. Error code dl was coming up, looked into it, and it has to do with the lid lock, well after taking a closer look.. the lock is broken, the piece that comes out and locks the lid that is.. Help.. can this be fixed???

• dadoes
    13 years ago

Of course the lid lock is a serviceable part. Why would you think it couldn't be repaired? Look up your model at www.SearsPartsDirect.com, they should have parts diagrams.

• mountaineergirl
    13 years ago

a bigger question is why are you posting the question on a thread that is over a year old?

• dadoes
    13 years ago

MountaineerGirl, it's not unusual that a Google or some such search will find a particular topic thread (such as "Kenmore Oasis" in the title). And technically the thread wasn't yet a year old (5/31/2009 -> 4/28/2010).  :-)

• deena_2010
    13 years ago

Well.. I saw this thread and figured I would ask a question.. hoping I would get some help.. who cares how old the forum or group is? obviously SOMEONE pleople STILL look at it!! So really, why does it matter!!! it's a help forum/group!!! Why do you need to be so rude about it.. it is a simple question..and FYI.. NOT EVERYTHING CAN BE FIXED!! And thanks for the info!!!! See not rude!! :)

And thanks for the support dadoes!!! Much appreciated!!!

• dadoes
    13 years ago

Deena, my question about why you asked if the machine can be repaired was not intended as a jibe. I'm legitimately curious why you'd think a lid latch wouldn't be repairable. It's rare that an appliance truly can't be repaired unless it's an old/outdated model for which parts aren't available. Sometimes a really major repair may not be cost-effective, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. The Oasis machines are among the latest toploader design on the market, far from being outdated.

I understand that the mechanics of appliances may seem mysterious to the uninitiated, but I've seen people toss out a machine that wouldn't spin or agitate when it could be easily repaired with a $12 part ... just because the symptoms seem serious/major.

• txcatwoman
    13 years ago

This thread just saved my day! I spent an hour hovering over my washer as it refused to fill giving me the LF error. Sure enough my drain hose went from my house to China down the drain so I dragged it out and the machine is working!!! I need to run three loads today and can't stand over a never filling tub!!! Thank you ladies!!!!!

• priceisrite7_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Does anyone have an answer for the ol code on the washer? Came home and all of the lights were flashing and the code was �ol�, at least I think that is what it was. We have had quite a few things already replaced on it (actually a lot of things on both the dryer and the washer).

• dadoes
    13 years ago

If it's the same set of codes that's used on the Cabrio, ol is Overloaded.

• ekcjc
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just had to have the board replaced on the dryer. So disappointed in sears.

• mskitty1005_charter_net
    13 years ago

Well I've been fighting with my Kenmore Oasis for about 6 mos now, keep getting FI and have to stand over it resetting it until it finally fills up, always starts at the 23 min time. It's about 4 yrs old. Will call the phone # listed and see if I'm in the recall group.

• oasisowner
    13 years ago

Send an email to Gerald at searscares@searshc.com if your machine is not on the recall list. After numerous service calls, replacement of the control board, etc., he arranged an $800 credit so we could purchase a new machine at Sears. (Sad to say, we were not happy with the new Maytag Bravos and sold it on craigslist.)

• mskitty1005_charter_net
    13 years ago

Well my machine is not on the recall list so I will email Gerald. This is a crying shame, Kenmore used to be a good brand, my washer was bought in 2007 so not even 4 yrs old...who has a machine they really like????? I'm ready to get a new one.

• dadoes
    13 years ago

Karen,

Kenmore is a brand-label only, they do not manufacture anything. All Kenmore-branded appliances are manufactured by other companies. Oasis washers are made by Whirlpool using the same mechanism design as Whirlpool Cabrio and Maytag Bravos machines. Some Kenmore Elite HE TL models now are sourced from LG.

Link: Who made my Kenmore?
    (796 is also LG)

• loomanville_att_net
    12 years ago

I have a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE machine. After reading multiple complaints on multiple sites, I decided to try to get someone to help me based on some of the phone numbers that people have given. Apparently my model number ending in 04 is the only one that is not covered under their "upgrade" or recall. Machines with numbers ending on 01, 02 and 03 are covered incase you have one. I called and was transferred to 7 different offices and everyone told me that for $129.99 a technician could come tell me the problem. Then we can pay for a new part. We know the problem. The computer is fried! The last lady that I talked to at Kenmore, named Hugh, actually told me that I should not be so upset because it is almost 4 years old and they are not supposed to last forever and if I had that big of a problem she could send me a coupon for 10% off a new applance from Sears. We have had this machine repaired 5 times in 4 years and they are not willing to help us or consider it a lemon becuse we had some of the service done by people other than Sears.

• kclv
    12 years ago

When the Oasis came out, it looked suspiciously similar to the dreaded Calypso. I'm not at all surprised that people are reporting multiple issues with these machines.

My sympathies to everyone having problems. I went through the same thing with my Calypso. I switched to a fairly basic Frigidaire front loader 5 years ago and couldn't be happier with my choice.

• dadoes
    12 years ago

Ah, the Oasis (and Cabrio and Bravos) vs. Calypso confusion comes up again. The two machines have completely different mechanisms and wash actions. There are/were deep-fill agitator models of Oasis/Cabrio/Bravos which involves simply swapping the low-profile impeller to a traditional finned-agitator and changing the software accordingly. That could not be done with the Calypso mechanism. The only similarity between them (Calypso and impeller-style O/C/B) is that both are HE toploaders.

• medic020_gmail_com
    12 years ago

My Kenmore Elite is done, purchased in 10/06. They replaced the control board last year. Now, I get f51 and ul codes. Basket will not spin freely. Called Sears and they wanted 130 for a tech to come out and see if the part is covered under a 10 yr warranty. What stinks is that it has only been a little over 4 years and this thing is headed to the scarp yard. Paid over 1000 for machine and service agreement(expired). Never again will I purchase a kenmore/whirlpool product. Had a non sears tech come out and when he realized what machine I have, he said "Sorry and Good Luck...

• kaisergang_msn_com
    12 years ago

Thanks so much for the recall number: 1-800-659-7026, I just called it & found out that my washer's control board has a recall out on it & will be replaced! My washer is an oasis 110.27082602, bought in 2007. I wouldn't recommend this washer to anyone. It wrinkles your clothes like crazy & doesn't clean as well as my old washer that I had for 18 years.

• Naeko
    12 years ago

Some cities have TV stations that have a consumer news/advocate/scam feature on their news shows. If you contact one of those, just the letter from them to the company will scare the company into helping you. No company wants their brand names to be on TV news in a negative way. Try the following:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11620548/ns/business-consumer_news/t/herb-weisbaum/

I guess you can check each of your TV websites and newspapers for such a feature or call them. Also try searching using "put_TV_station_name_here consumer advocate" or "put_city_name consumer advocate". There's no reason for you to pay ANYTHING when it is a fault of their machine's design or for substituting to made_in_china parts after the first few months have garnered all the reviews.

• lgarrisonsfolly2
    12 years ago

Our washing machine model number 110.27087603 began about one month ago giving us the sd message. We have also had a history of odor coming from the machine. We do use the HE detergent. After doing some research online, we found that the sd message comes from high suds or from an object being lodged under the machine. My husband moved out the washer and did find some socks under it. It was fixed, we decided! Until 2 days later and the message appeared again. My husband then took the back off the machine and found two pairs of underwear INSIDE the pump! We have no idea how that happened! After putting the back on, and restarting the machine, we got a f51 message. We have unplugged the machine and restarted it. Now, we are back to the sd message. The machine washes the clothes fine until the 5 minute warning. After spinning the clothes out, the machine starts to refill with water. Then, it will not spin a final time to wring out the water. The clothes end up being dripping wet when coming out of the machine. Have read about many others having similar issues. I don't want to pour good money after bad to fix a machine that is going to break again. Any advice would be appreciated!

• g0s0uth_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Same as other complaints here.
    We have replaced the Control Panel Board after 2 years, and just recently replaced the pump due to a hole in the plastic- for a $100 replacement part my husband fixed himself. Service line told us there is no Screen over the pump to protect from lost coins, small objects left in pockets or Underpants as the previous post stated.

Now we have a new problem, the entire system does nothing but blink at me and lock or unlock the lid.

We paid the service agreement so cross your fingers it will either break again before the year is up and/or be less than $500 bucks.

JUNK, JUNK, JUNK, very disappointing. We thought we did our home work before buying and shopped at trusted Sears. Seems like all products are made to be broken these days. ;-(

Also we were told this Kenmore product was made by Whilpool !!!???!!!

Have a feeling it will be on the street next year - will post so you can steal parts!

• dmz913
    12 years ago

I have had our Kenmore Oasis for 6 years, few years back they contacted me regarding replacement of the board, havent had any trouble until now. I now get a flashing F 54 on my machine after having someone out to fix a problem with button selection malfunction which cost me over $400. Any thoughts?

• missfixit77
    12 years ago

Thank you to all of you that posted on these suckie butt washers and dryers!!! I too was unfortunate enough to purchase these appliences from HELL back in 2007!! with in two months of using them my washer threw me the dreaded F1 error code. two months and 4 service calls later That issue was resolved. Fast forward to sept 2011...My washer lid lock went out and my dryer blower quit working in the same weekend!! But thanks to all of you and some other forums I was able to figure out my issues and fix both machine myself saving me about 500 bucks in service calls and parts!!!! Thanks Again to ALL Of you!!

ps if they break down again I am gonna use em for target practice!!

• coughlin1960_aol_com
    12 years ago

OMG!!!! every complaint posted has happened to me!! And after paying 215 to get an extended warranty for sears to come out and look at it....they no call no showed 3 TIMES!!!!!!! I WANT TO SUE FOR AGGRAVATION!!!!!!"

• gardnpondr
    12 years ago

Man I sure am glad I read on here before buying a washing machine. Our old maytag went out last week and we thought it was the water pump but it was that AND the motor. Anyway so we're going to have to buy another one and I sure don't want to have to go through all these hassles! First off I don't want a front loader at all. But am on here trying to decide just what kind to get that will last me because I like everyone else don't have the money to be throwing away every 3-4 years on a washing machine. Thank you all for sharing!

• linda8818
    12 years ago

I have this washer, purchased 11/06. Most recently replaced the control board in the last year.

I had the extended warranty and refused to purchase it again this past year. Of course the machine is now acting weird: I can open it when the lock icon is lit up, it stops in the middle of a wash cycle and I have to restart it, I can't seem to use certain cycles like 'bulky'. Et.cet.er.a.

This thing is just the most craptastic piece of junk I have ever bought in my life. And I paid nearly 1k for it (plus 1k for the crap dryer that needed a repair last year as well).

It's too bad that I can't seem to find anything else to replace it with that isn't equally craptastic.

Kenmore sucks so bad.

• footballschewe
    12 years ago

Thank God for the internet! Just two days ago we started having problems with our Kenmore Oasis washing machine, so bad that it would actually randomly turn on on its own and try to do multiple things at once! I called the number from above 1-800-659-7026 and after describing what was going on and having my Model and Serial number match up to the "recalled/NOT recalled" list they are now sending me a new computer! The phone call took 3 minutes and the lady was very nice!

MOD #: 110.27086601

• julier1234
    12 years ago

Me too. The dreaded F1 code for more than a couple of months. I made the mistake of not checking the appliance forum first and called Sears repair. They told me they would charge $130 to just look at it - no part included. The day they were supposed to come, I decided to check this forum. Wow. Called the 800 number and told them that I knew this was a known issue. They said I was already scheduled for a repair that day that would have to be cancelled so they could mail the necessary part. Told them no one bothered to tell me that when I called even though I told them it was the F1 code. No real explanation, but that the repair center doesn't know these things. We do not understand why a public recall was not issued. In any event, this repair will be covered by Sears. It galls me to think that I would have had to pay if it weren't for this forum.

• Nancy_AP
    12 years ago

I bought my Kenmore Elite Oasis HE washer and dryer in 2007. In October 2011 I had to get a new tub for the washer. I also bought the extended warranty for $219 at that time. Now I am getting the F1 error and called today. They ordered the control board and are supposed to be here next Friday for service. I am extremely disappointed. All my life I had used appliances and finally got myself brand new (what I thought would last forever) washer and dryer. I trusted Sears and Kenmore - although I would have preferred the Whirlpool but couldn't afford them. It took me 4 years to pay these off and now I have to deal with this nonsense. I saw some videos on YouTube and apparently replacing the control board doesn't always fix the problem. Really disappointed.

• Orgcoach
    11 years ago

I purchased a Kenmore Elite Oasis HE in September of 2009. Soon after it went out of its one year warranty, I started getting a DL error. I discovered that the only way I could get the top-load washer to work was to immediately jump up and sit on the lid until the lock mechanism was in place. Then the cycle would work.

Although I have never been real happy with the machine (it does not get clothes clean much of the time, they are really wrinkled, and the OL (overload) warning comes on a lot, even with it less than half full), at least it was working. I paid $850 for it, so I did not want to just junk it.

Last night I was doing a load of laundry. It has gotten more difficult to get the lock mechanism to work. Lately I have had to lean really forward when I sit on the lid, or I still get the DL error message. When I jumped up on the lid to sit forward on it last night, I slipped off and fell to the floor and hurt myself. My sweet hubby is very concerned about my "fix" for this problem and the safety issues associated with it.

This morning I called Sears to ask what the estimate was for repair cost on this issue, and the woman could only tell me that the minimum is $120 for someone to come out. She could not give me ANY idea as to the repair cost. So I did a web search to see what I could find about repair costs, and I found this forum. Apparently I am not the only one who is unhappy.

I am especially unhappy about having to shell out several hundred dollars for an out-of-warranty issue that it sounds like has had a silent recall. I called the numbers posted here, and it seems that the 800-659-7026 might be the right number to call. Someone suggested only speaking with a supervisor, so I called and asked to speak with a supervisor. I was on hold so long that my phone battery went dead and I lost my place in line.

I expected a much better quality experience when I paid top dollar for this washer. At this point, I have invested hours of my time, I am in a lot of pain from my fall last night, and I still have a broken washer. I don't have more time to invest today. Any suggestions about how to most effectively move forward with Sears on this matter? My faith in Sears has just gone way down!

Kenmore Elite Oasis HE - purchased Sept. 2009 for $850
    (Model #110.28062800)

• kodiak13
    11 years ago

Orgcoach -- you've been jumping on your washer for years to get it to lid lock? LOL! And I thought my oasis experience was bad.

One thing we've got to do is learn to laugh about it because these machines definitely crossed the line between a poor product and a company selling something so terrifically bad they should have been held responsible. We sunk hundreds into repairs until after six years we'd had enough.

Sears won't do anything but charge you more money for repair service.

My advice -- cut your losses. Buy a new washer and never deal with Sears again. Also, make sure you buy an extended warranty on any washer. After all I learned researching a new washer it is worth it's weight in gold just about. These machines are just so prone to breaking.

• dadoes
    11 years ago

OrgCoach,

The lid lock (assuming that is what's wrong) for your model is Part Number W10059230. It can be purchased from online parts sources for $66.36 (more or less, + shipping & taxes as applicable). One vendor has a video clip (on YouTube) showing how to do the repair. There are several listings currently on eBay (new and used) for less than "retail" sources.

I know this doesn't address the issue of general unhappiness with the machine ... but paying Sears $120+ for a service call isn't the only repair option.

• KristiRae
    11 years ago

Like all of you I have had issues with my Oasis washer for the last few years. Primarily with the F1 and F51 codes. Sears gave me the run around- wanting to send a repair man out and charging me $70 despite my insistance that my washer was part of the recall. After finding this thread- I called a telephone number someone posted and to my surprise they have ordered the part and scheduled a repairman to come out and fix it at no charge!!!! I am so grateful!!! The telephone number is 800-847-9083. You must have your serial code and model number ready. The entire process took less than 5 minutes and the lady I spoke with (obviously not located in the US) was very nice. I have purchased every large appliance I have ever owned from Sears but was ready to ban them for life over this. Good luck!

• Teacher643
    11 years ago

I am so thankful to see all of these postings. We are renting a really nice house which has a full set of the Elite appliances. We have only been here a month and already:
    1) The fancy ice maker on the fridge gets clogged
    2) The dual dishwashers bottom part (this was true before we got here) needs to be opened and restarted towards the end of each cycle and now the top part doesn't drain. I had to call a repair person in to fix that - thanks, there goes over 300 bucks
    3) The washing machine is flashing the f51 code.

For this last one I have already tried running the self diagnostic, done the resetting thing a bunch of times and tomorrow when the light is better I will try unplugging it all with little hope of making things better. I called the number posted and at first was told that the machine wasn't part of the recall, then (at another number) was told it was, oh wait, no it wasn't because it's a "3rd generation" washing machine and then at the 3rd number was told to call a 4th number that was closed. When I asked numbers 2 and 3 why of a machine is having the exact same problems as described as part of a recall wasn't THIS machine part of that recall. Guess what the answer was...

So tomorrow I call number 4 and see what happens.

I feel awful about being the tenant that seems to find all of the issues with things - we are renting our house out too (a far away move just for a year) but I also want to tell the (very nice) landlord that this brand, while nice looking, is complete crap.

Wish me luck!

And thanks again to everyone who posted. I really appreciated knowing that it wasn't me:-)

And if someone from Sears is reading this (I would love to believe that were true) I would love a response - and a new board for the washer so I don't have to call the landlord again...

Me, not holding my breath

• Teacher643
    11 years ago

Okay, I just got off the phone with phone number number 4 and guess what? They are sending me the part and sending someone to fix the machine! Holy crap! I am shocked, shocked that this is happening since I was told yet again that my machine is newer than the recall units.

If you are reading this post because you too have one of the Oasis Elite machines which is flashing the F51 error I strongly suggest holding fast, being nice but firm with the people you speak with (I always try to start out super nice and then ask for a supervisor, nicely and then get more firm) and call each number they give you. DON'T take no for an answer.

Here are the numbers I called:
    1st number: 1-866-769-7260 (posted by someone else on this list - THANK YOU!!!)

2nd Number: 1-800-847-9083 (again, I think this is posted above as well, and again, thank you!)

3rd number: 1-888-536-6673 (this is the Sears center)

4th) number: 1-800-659-7026 - this is the woman who said no at first, then I asked for a supervisor (nicely but firmly), was put on hold and then she came back (I had told her my machine was also getting the f51 error just like the recall ones) and she said yes. One yes is all it takes!

At each step of the way someone said no, I wasn't covered. I just kept at it. If this saves me (and the landlord) a few hundred bucks it was worth the 45 minutes on the phone.

Mahalo to everyone who has posted. I really didn't want to deal with paying to fix this.

And now I know, stay away from this brand. Far away.

• wallflower123
    11 years ago

June 16, 2007: Purchased the Kenmore Elite gentlewash canyon capacity washer. December 2010: paid the Sears Tech people to send someone to repair the recalled motherboard (flashing F1) and purchased the 1 year warranty, which ended December 2011. August 6, 2012: came home from work to notice the washer beeping (and an F2 message) and filling with water/running ON ITS OWN. Contacted Sears, and after assuring the person on the other line that no, I do not have ghosts in my home, was given to the Repair Center. I was told we would have to pay $245 for ANOTHER warranty and repair. Why do I have to pay ANOTHER PENNY for a lemon that was sold to me for so much money?!! Is there truly a lawsuit, because I would like to add my name! There are no answers, just people pushing for us to pay more money for extended warranties when we call--this company cares nothing about its customers nor its reputation. If ANYONE has gotten ANY satisfaction from ANYONE at this company over this ordeal, please post what we need to do. I told the guy on the phone this afternoon that it seemed ridiculous to pay another $240+ when we know the machine will tear up again. Can anyone direct me to a link to report this situation to the Better Business Bureau? Thanks!

• semichill
    11 years ago

My Oasis HE machine purchased in 2006 is giving the F1 error code 4 or 5 times when starting each load before it will continue. I called 1-800-847-9083 today, they checked my model number (110.27062600) and I will be getting a free upgrade control board (part and labor) withing a few weeks.

Previously, I have replaced the suspension rods to solve the uL (unbalanced Load) error code, replaced the rotor position sensor when the motor stopped spinning, and replaced the lid lock assembly to solve the dL error code.

My next washer will be a Speed Queen. No fancy electronics, no gimmicky features, made in the US, and costs less than a Kenmore Elite!

• JnDemcee
    11 years ago

I am not one to usually join forums though I have read many when researching issues. This one was so helpful that I could not resist.

I bought my Kenmore Elite Oasis HE Washer & Dryer combo in 2006. I have had no problems with the Dryer. The Washer (Model 110.27072601) however has had problem(s). About 3 years ago or 3 years after purchase we started getting the dreaded "F1" error code regularly. We did a little research on the internet when it first started occuring and soon discovered it was a common problem. Furthermore (3 years ago), it appeared that Sears was not admitting to a defective circuit board. Several forum posters said the board could be replaced but the problem would reoccur because of this design defect. So, we thought we would just live with resetting and restarting the machine (5 times at beginning of wash, another 3-4 times later in the cycle) until we decide and find a new machine (non Sears). Can you believe we have lived with this for close to three years? My how time flies.

Just recently (last couple months) we started getting the "uL" code - of course, in addition to the "F1". This one requires us to repeatedly adjust the clothing until it will finally get through the spin cycle.

Well I found this forum and called 1-800-847-9083 (Product Resolution) that many of you had listed. In less than 3 minutes, I had the part on order and service scheduled for one week from now. There had indeed been a recall for my Model anyway.

Thank you all so much! I would like to know from "semichill" (previous poster) about the suspension rod replacement since it appears I now have the same problem.

I apologize for the wordiness - I guess that's why I don't and maybe shouldn't be joing these forums. : )

• marjen
    11 years ago

Soooooo glad I found this thread. Have been getting the f1 off and on for awhile,but it really got bad lately. I called the number in the post above and they are coming out for a free fix. Saved a to. Of money so thanks.

• candicelynette
    11 years ago

I am one of the lucky/stupid people who bought this lemon when they first came out in 2006. It's the most I have ever paid for any apliance. It has been a nightmare ever since. Like everyone else I too have had all these problems and continue to, but can not afford to replace it. In the first couple of months of owning it I had a repair person out four times, the machine would not always repeat the problems for the repair person to witness...they started to tell me that nothing was wrong with the machine but maybe my home was not balance...really!!! I paid cash for the machine with a small inhertance I recived from my Grandmother. I could not get my money back or trade it in for a different model. Sears did not stand behind this machine or the service. I bought the machine locally but repair people came from out of town for service so it would take even longer and cost more. The repair people were frustrated with having to deal with these machines and I have been completely frustrated in dealing with Sears. The Sears of our (my) childhood is no more. I will never step foot in a Sears store again and will share my story with others. I am now watching Craigslist for someone selling a machine of yesterday. I would like to ship this one to David Letterman so he can drop it off the roof of a tall building somewhere. I could not in good concious sell it to anyone.

• HomeGurl
    11 years ago

March 26, 2013:
    re: Kenmore Elite Oasis HE issues (start and rinse cycle issues, unbalanced issues): Electronic Control Board (aka the motherboard, the brains) recall, replacement and labor at no charge:
    Thank you to those who posted correct ph number to resolve these problems! Here is the ph number again: (800) 847-9083.

We have an appt scheduled" to receive the updated electronic control board,service and labor-@ no charge" per the product resolution customer service rep.
    You may assume all went well if I do not post a follow up.

DO ask the product resolution customer rep to REPEAT your model #, serial #, your ph # and address (she typed part of the serial # incorrectly which could disqualify you receiving replacement recall).
    The customer serv reps' work environment is NOISY (she replied "there are 213 problem resolution reps in the same room").
    VERIFY what you are hearing the rep say and ask kindly for a summary why you called and what the resolution is to be. She spoke rapidly and had an accent.
    Verify any numbers you have not verified (including your ph # and address) at the end of the call.

The customer resolution rep had obvious experience handling the process, obviously streamed lined due all the years of issues complaints and it took about 20-25 minutes total time, most time was waiting for her to process the info she enters.

Our Kenmore Oasis washing machine has been highlyt problematic issues during the start cycle and rinse cycles as well as frequent unbalanced loads (error code: UL). Our model and serial numbers complied with the recall (I have read this is a "silent", unadvertised recall. We have an appointment scheduled "to receive an updated electronic control board and the labor service at no charge". Hope this works out (believe it when I see it and when it continues as resolved) and wishes for resolutions to those who are working towards theirs.
    We all learned a big lesson in the world of electronic motherboard computerized washers and driers: buy the old fashioned, dependable washers and driers with knobs! (I'm staying this route with everything appliance and vehicles). I will def will stay my computer pref as a MacGurl though!

• HomeGurl
    11 years ago

March 26, 2013:
    re: Kenmore Elite Oasis HE issues (start and rinse cycle issues, unbalanced issues): Electronic Control Board (aka the motherboard, the brains) recall, replacement and labor at no charge:
    Thank you to those who posted correct ph number to resolve these problems! Here is the ph number again: (800) 847-9083.

We have an appt scheduled" to receive the updated electronic control board,service and labor-@ no charge" per the product resolution customer service rep.
    You may assume all went well if I do not post a follow up.

DO ask the product resolution customer rep to REPEAT your model #, serial #, your ph # and address (she typed part of the serial # incorrectly which could disqualify you receiving replacement recall).
    The customer serv reps' work environment is NOISY (she replied "there are 213 problem resolution reps in the same room").
    VERIFY what you are hearing the rep say and ask kindly for a summary why you called and what the resolution is to be. She spoke rapidly and had an accent.
    Verify any numbers you have not verified (including your ph # and address) at the end of the call.

The customer resolution rep had obvious experience handling the process, obviously streamed lined due all the years of issues complaints and it took about 20-25 minutes total time, most time was waiting for her to process the info she enters.

Our Kenmore Oasis washing machine has been highlyt problematic issues during the start cycle and rinse cycles as well as frequent unbalanced loads (error code: UL). Our model and serial numbers complied with the recall (I have read this is a "silent", unadvertised recall. We have an appointment scheduled "to receive an updated electronic control board and the labor service at no charge". Hope this works out (believe it when I see it and when it continues as resolved) and wishes for resolutions to those who are working towards theirs.
    We all learned a big lesson in the world of electronic motherboard computerized washers and driers: buy the old fashioned, dependable washers and driers with knobs! (I'm staying this route with everything appliance and vehicles). I will def will stay my computer pref as a MacGurl though!

• dualref
    11 years ago

When Sears finally crashes & burns it will make life so much easier for a lot of people. And I feel that's not too far away....

Lousy merchandise, lousy customer service and a horrendous credit card interest rate do not make for a good company to deal with.

• MCrevling
    11 years ago

I started getting the F51 error. I called 800-847-9083. I gave them the model and serial number (located on the inside of the lid) and found out my model has a recall on the computer board. They are mailing me the part and sending a service guy out to replace it for free. The only downfall....it can take up to 10 days to receive the part (and we have 4 kids and 2 adults that need laundry daily). But it's getting fixed for free. This is the only problem we've had in 6 years. I love my Kenmore Elite washer.

• woowow123
    10 years ago

Thank you to all of the members who have posted information. This is the first post for me. Without you, i would have to spend a lot of $$$ and a lot of time chasing my tail. I called 800-847-9083 and got my resolution.

We bought all our appliances because of recommendations from the consumer report.org. Every appliance has been a lemon. I don't know how consumer report can make these recommendations ! I will never believe them again !

• runhrdr
    9 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but others doing a search for the same problems may see this. My Kenmore Oasis washer just quit on me in the middle of a cycle. Lid was locked, but my husband was able to gently pry it open by pulling on the lid. Got the serial and model numbers and sure enough it's on the recall list. I bought my machine several years ago, but they are sending me the new part and will send a tech to repair it at no charge. You do have to call the product resolution line at 800-659-7026, give them the model & serial numbers, have them schedule an appointment, and they will send the part to your home.

• bmccoog
    8 years ago

We have model# 110.27086601 and it has performed flawlessly for many years (about 10 I think) until recently when it started getting unbalanced during the spin cycle. it would slam and bang like crazy and stop. We'd then have to adjust the load etc. to try and get it to finish. I called the number above 800-659-7026 on a whim to see if there were any open issues. To my surprise I was told they would be out to repair the washer at no cost to me. Set the appointment for next Saturday....

• Beth Rusanchin
    8 years ago

bmccoog what happened? My model # 110.27082601 has been doing the same thing and I'm at my wits end!