Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

Original/Classic April Fresh Downy 're-created' by me :)

larsi_gw
12 years ago

I know I've mentioned in several posts, that I have basically "re-created" the amazing, wonderful scent of April Fresh Downy (the classic, beauitful smell before the total idiots at P&G ruined it, by adding scent pearls and "adding a fresh, crispness to the classic April Fresh scent"!!!)

I take my 51 ounce bottle of April Fresh Downy and dump 1/2 into an empty Downy bottle (or any clean container). I do the same with a 51 ounce Downy Free & Sensitive. I then combine 50% April Fresh Donwy with 50% Free & Sensitive Downy! Shake well and transfer to you favourite Downy container!

While, it still has that "new crisp, candy like smell" in the bottle (although much softer), after washing and drying the 50/50 mixture smells almost identical to the Classic & Original April Fresh Downy so many of us miss & love.

My laundry and laundry room now have that soft, powdery scent that Donwy had for like 40 years!!! I really hope the geniuses at P&G re-launch Classic April Fresh. In the meantime, a few mins work every couple of months has given me my April Fresh Downy back. Enjoy! :)

-larsi

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH