Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gawlt

Miele IntelliQ - US release???

gawlt
12 years ago

Anyone have more info about the release of Miele's IntelliQ W/D? I've seen the press announcements via google and the rundown on this forum about what people have found out will be included. But not much info since springtime.

Any new info as to when/if it will be released in the US?

Any hint of larger capacity?

Comments (14)

• fahrenheit_451
    12 years ago

Contact Miele USA and ask them: Miele USA Contact List

• larsi_gw
    12 years ago

The "new" IntelliQ Series is basically just the W48xx and T98xx Series all "fancied" up. Same capacity. Steam will be added and auto detergent dispensed (not good for those who like to use different soaps for different moods and laundry needs).

• livebetter
    12 years ago

@larsi - no steam but the auto dispense is correct

Machine "bling" is a little different (black control and silver door) ... or something like that.

Slightly different names for cycles like "Hockey gear"?? Crazy.

Capacity exactly the same.

• Cavimum
    12 years ago

What would "auto dispense" be?

• livebetter
    12 years ago

The machine automatically dispenses liquid detergent. It holds the detergent in an external container that somehow feeds into the machine. You tell the machine how dirty your load is and it determines based on load size how much detergent to use :)

• Cavimum
    12 years ago

Thanks. I don't think that would work well with my Miele and local water.

• sshrivastava
    12 years ago

Unless the auto dispense feature also measures your local water hardness, it's absolutely useless.

• suburbanmd
    12 years ago

GE washers with optional Smart Dispense have a water hardness setting feature, according to a quick glance at a manual. Surely Miele does something similar.

• gawlt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks all. Guess it is not worth waiting for. Wish they had kicked up the capacity.

• sshrivastava
    12 years ago

@ gaw1

I find your statement interesting. Do you really wash more than 18 lbs of laundry at one time?

• fahrenheit_451
    12 years ago

Thanks all. Guess it is not worth waiting for. Wish they had kicked up the capacity.

I would wait and see what the new models have to offer. Our Miele W 4840 makes short work of laundry loads, and laundry days. The models have only gotten progressively better.

• georgect
    12 years ago

(a little off topic)
    I wish Miele dryers weren't already pre-wired with a 4 prong plug permanently attached.
    My set up is a direct connect 220 line and I would have to upgrade my electric supply and install a 4 prong outlet just to use the electric dryer.
    Is Miele the only appliance manufacturer that doesn't allow you to choose the kind of electric hook up you have (direct, 3 prong, 4 prong)?

• suburbanmd
    12 years ago

I'm satisfied with my W4840's capacity (it's the biggest washer I've had so far), but its 4.0 cu ft capacity certainly isn't some magic number that can't be improved upon. A bigger drum would let me wash more bed linens and bath towels at once (we have lots of them), would let me wash more shirts at once (I have lots of those too), and would let me lift the ban on comforters larger than full-size.

What do I care how much my laundry weighs? If it fits, I wash it. Volume capacity makes more sense, I think, than the European way of expressing capacity by weight.

• gawlt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@ sshrivastava

My statement was more that the features of the new line wouldn't cause me to delay a Miele purchase and I would go with the 4842.