Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Asko Pro Series W&D - any experience?

Posted by Andrew47 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 18:46

Our 10+ yr old dryer's motor ($200 just in parts) just failed so we're planning to buy a brand new W&D set. We had a FL washer around 2003 and remember the moldy smell, noise, and marginal cleaning performance so we've been leaning towards TL but came across the Asko W8844XLW & T884XL.

The claims for the washer Asko piqued our interest - no rubber bellows, superb cleaning performance, longevity, and quiet operation. The negatives are the $4.4k set cost and the washer's long cycle times (1:45 for colors) and additionally we'd be the first sale for our local dealer so we're really on the fence. I've been unable to find any reviews or consumer anecdotes so i'm hoping somebody on this board can shed some light. Our questions are:

1) Any experience from those that have purchased them or those that sell them.

2) Is Asko targeting the Mielie 'Little Giant'?

3) Any thoughts that explains the 67% premium Akso is asking for the Pro series vs the Family?. .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Asko Pro Series W&D - any experience?

Here is the launch brochure: https://mamabrein.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/6302009_wmd80_launch_brochure_web.pdf

I forgot to ask about the claim that the European designed washers, with their smaller drum volumes, are able to wash the same weight as the American designed FL's since you can fill up more of the drum without degrading the cleaning performance.

The Asko Pro Series has 2.83 ft3 drum while Electrolux top of the line is at 4.4 ft3. The Asko is rated for 11 kg or 24 lbs.but I've not found a similar capacity rating in lbs for the Electrolux I do recognize the typical washing cycle is much longer 1;45 for Asko while the Electrolux is around 1:00.

o
RE: Asko Pro Series W&D - any experience?

Andrew47
1: I do not know why in US these are labeled Pro as they are not the same as Miele Pro Machines, these askos are domestic machine that are larger than the normal family size askos. The difference between them are only more or less capacity.
2: In Sweden were I live the asko family ones are very common machine and have been for a very long time and they are known for their reiliability when they were built in Sweden. Now own by the gorenge Group I dont know if there are the same as Before.

I sweden these giant washingmachines are not common at all. These Machines are built to meet the US market more than anything but they are sold here to and when my big Bosch go bust I will be thinking of buying these if they are still being sold.
U are asking in why the asko takes almost tvice as long a the Electrolux and the asko are only connected to Cold water because the Machine heats the water by it self and dont mix hot and Cold. this machine will give true temp in every program.
As in almost every european machine u are able to fill the drum and almost pack it very tight and the laundry will come out Clean if u have chosen the right program.

I would not hesitate buying one of these Machines because the smaller ones are sold here alot and are very good. If U need a bigger machine and want true temps why not?
I down loaded the instruktion manual, there are alot of answers I Think in there for U !
// BR

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here