Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tetrazzini

machines not working, then working again

tetrazzini
9 years ago

I posted here recently about my 12 year-old Bosch Axxis washer and dryer both malfunctioning. The dryer was only warm, not hot, taking hours to dry. The washer was not draining or spinning, and wouldn't go on with the cycle.

I gave up on them both for over a week, but tried the washer yesterday and it's working again. I started doing half-full loads on quick cycle, and have progressed to nearly full loads on regular cycle. I got brave today and tried the dryer, and it is also working!

I'm not optimistic about them continuing to work, but I've done 6 loads in 2 days and so far they're operating completely normally.

Anyone have any idea what would cause either of them, let alone both, to act like this?? Does it mean they're on their way out? Or they're miraculously cured? They're stacked and the washer plugs into the dryer, but they weren't moved or touched or anything during this time. Could it be that a load was too heavy and that put it out of whack for a few loads before returning to normal? But that doesn't explain the dryer....

Comments (3)