Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water temps during rinse cycle in Miele

Posted by chefwong (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 21, 13 at 18:19

OT...but the rinse cycles on a Miele 48XX, let's say you choose hot water for wash. Is the 3 rinse cycles preceding that all just cold or warm water ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water temps during rinse cycle in Miele

Someone here...a long time ago...actually measured the temperatures during the cycles, but good luck finding it here.

o

Being that Miele is a European brand and we never had warm-rinsing front loaders... the rinses are cold (unless you've changed the service menu to hot rinses).

Alex

o

The rinses on all Miele washers are cold, regardless of which cycle is used or what water temperature is selected for the main wash.

o

Whirlpool_trainee, can you change the rinse cycle to warm or hot? Or just to hot? I don't have my machine yet but will in the next month (fingers crossed on the progress of this remodel). I am interested in what flexibility there is in the "service menu" you've referred to.

o

Enduring -

You can always set up a service call with Miele support IF you choose not to do it via the service menu yourself (google it)
It's pretty straightforward. I DONT recall seeing such a option on my 4840.

The tech has the same function, except it's just a mouse click here and there on the laptop...

o

Thanks Chefwong. I will look into the options when I get to the point of actually getting my hands on the machine :)

o

Our Miele 4842 has all COLD rinse cycles. There is no other option.

What I don't know is whether that is tap cold or the 86°F "cold", like a COLD wash temp. I say that because everything inside the tub, at the end of a cycle, seems more like 86°F cold than tap water temp.

o

The service manual I have lists under "Water Intake"

- Cold (cold water / potable water)
- USA: hot + cold
- Hot water and hot rinse

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here