Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jseeley_gw

Bosch Axxis Washer Vibration

jseeley
13 years ago

I am having vibration problems with the Bosch Axxis+ washer. I'm almost positive it's a problem even though I never owned a FL. I live on the 2nd floor of a condo. The subfloor is wafer board and on top of that is a poured gypsum sound pad. In the laundry closet which is about 31" deep by 37" wide, I myself poured an extra 3/8" layer of mortar. The floor is solid. On top of that I put a dense rubber mat, 3/4" thick..the type you find in weight rooms...really heavy. I used the mat as the finished floor... nice with rubber baseboard around the wall.

I tried the Axxis washer on top of that. During washing, each time the clothes (1/2 load) slam down to the bottom of the drum the washer cabinet wobbles a bit. And while spinning at only 800rpm (1/2 load), it vibrated terribly. A glass of water placed on top would start to walk. Spin vibration feels like holding plywood down while someone is cutting it with a saber/jib saw. Vibration didn't smooth much as it reached 800rpm. Also, most loads seemed to be out of balance a bit. I've been loading all light stuff..no heavier than cotton slacks. I'm afraid to try a full load of towels at 1200rpm.

I thought maybe the hard rubber mat was too soft or thick? So I tried a piece of 3/4 MDF fiberboard on top of the rubber mat which I'm using now. The washer seemed more solid but I have the same vibrations...maybe a little better. I am so disappointed.

The washer is perfectly level, all feet are solid on the floor, and all 4 shipping bolts were removed. I'm planing on stacking this set after I make sure everything is ok with the washer.

I'm starting to think this is one picky machine or it's faulty.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)