Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer

Posted by gussy40 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 27, 10 at 17:18

My washer keeps getting mold on the rubber seal between the drum and the door because water never fully drains from that area. I cannot seem to get rid of it and I am worried about the health problems related to mold.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer

Easiest way to get rid of it is to run a Sanitary Wash 5 to 6 scoops of Oxiclean with no clothes. Ater the unit has completed filling add 2 more gallons of hot water either through the flap area or the door. This cleans out the washer and may need to be done twice if the 1st time didn't totally clean it.
In the future you can keep this from reoccuring by using the Sanitary wash at least once a week. I do our towels, sheets and our boys underware in the Sanitary cycle so that's 3 loads a week for our family. I always add a scoop of Oxiclean with the whites.

o
RE: Bosch Nexxt 500 Washer

I have this washer, and after replacing the boot once I have found two things that have kept it mold free ever since (4 years now):

1) Similar to what jakvis said, run an XXtra Hot Wash at least once a week without clothes, and just use regular detergent and liquid *chlorine* bleach (LCB) in the bleach dispenser, with the Bleach option selected. The LCB really will disinfect the entire inside of the washer quite thoroughly.

2) Most importantly, leave the door WIDE OPEN (not propped open/ajar, but all the way) after you have finished your wash for the day until the inside of the washer and boot are both utterly bone-dry. This will take several hours! Mold loves the dark and damp places, and by drying out the inside and boot completely you eliminate the conditions that can cause mold growth.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here