Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mara_2008

has anybody used era or wisk he?

mara_2008
12 years ago

Both of these are liquids. I have found such fantastic deals on them in recent months, I've been using them on everyday clothes (like jeans and T-shirts) and other sundry items, usually washed in warm water.

I've been very pleased with their ability to clean well and kill odors. For me they're an incredible bargain for the price. Just wondered if anyone else had tried them and, if so, what your results were.

Comments (17)

• mara_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I don't know what the problem is here. I typed this in my subject line:

Has anybody used ERA or Wisk HE?

I don't understand why it all came out in lower caps???

• User
    12 years ago

Both are good for light and moderate stained loads, but Era shines for low priced detergents that's on the market, and it's easier to rinse.

• gates1
    12 years ago

Ive used both of them, they work very well and great for the price too.

• mara_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

cleanteamofny, I've been using them on loads of everyday clothes (like jeans and grungy T-shirts) which have greasy and dirty stains, and they've cleaned them very well! I would be impressed even if they cost much more than they do (maybe I've just found extraordinary prices?). The fact that I've bought them at such low prices makes them that much more amazing, in my opinion. :)

gates1, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, lol.

• happymomof2kids
    12 years ago

I haven't tried them, but my neighbor swears by ERA. She does say you have to be more careful about pretreating than you do with using Tide, but she says other than that, it is excellent.

I haven't used Wisk since I had my top loader and they changed the formula. They have changed it again since then and because I have already found a winning routine, I'm hesitant to mess with any new detergents right now. But if I had to try one of the two, I would go with the ERA. It's made by P&G and as far as I know all their liquid detergents are pH balanced so it's most likely more gentle on fabrics.

I know...I know...here's a self proclaimed powder user, which is alkali, talking about things being pH balanced..LOL But in all fairness I have been favoring Tide Free and Cheer free liquids for many things. (I still love my powders though. ;))

• angelic_one2002
    12 years ago

I use Era for my regular machine..love the clean scent, and the way it works is very comparable to Tide, in my opinion.

• gates1
    12 years ago

I will try Era and wisk again, if it cleans my work clothes, like Tide does, then I will stick to it. Love tide power with bleach, and total care, but it is so EXPENSIVE

• Pat z6 MI
    12 years ago

I have a top-loader and LOVE Wisk. It is important to fill to the recommended amount to get the stains out. It rinses amazingly well and love that it has citric acid. I recently stopped Wisk to see if some irritation I'm having is from that. I've not had enough time to tell yet. I hope not.

• User
    12 years ago

Mara_2008,

You are right!
    The price is wonderful and if you have coupons to boot, it is a steal!
    I may use wisk again in the future, but with that detergent, less is more!

• mara_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's great to know that others have had the same great experience! cleanteamofny, where do you get coupons? I did use BJ's coupons (which they send to members) on two huge ERA HE containers w/dispensers several months ago (and I'm just now finishing the first one!), which meant I got each huge container for $6! I got a fantastic deal on the Wisk HE at CVS (only bought one, to see how it would perform), of all places. But I don't recall seeing any manufacturers' coupons for either of these. That would be icing on the cake. :)

• User
    12 years ago

Mara_2008,

BJ's has $2.00 off on the coupon rack by the door today. I just picked up a bottle and took a few more coupons just in case they are not there at the end of the month! :-)

I had a $2.00 coupon for Wisk last month and one of the sales clerk went to the back and got me a sample plus an additional $2.00 coupon, so last month was a $4.00 saving on Wisk!

Nice!

• mara_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

@ cleanteamofny

I haven't been to BJ's lately, so haven't checked the coupon rack by the door. Thanks for the tip! :)

Wow, you got a great deal on Wisk with those coupons. I haven't seen any of those in a while. Nice, indeed!

• User
    12 years ago

Heads up!
    Era coupon $1.00 off from P&G is in todays Newspaper.
    Combo with BJ's $2.00 for addtional savings. Must us BJ's coupon by 10-19-2011!

It's my money....., and I need it now!
    $3.00 total savings.

• mara_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

cleanteamofny --

Thanks for the tip! I didn't get the Sunday paper, but I will definitely try to get by BJ's today. :)

• User
    12 years ago

Mara,

I went to BJ's and picked up 2 bottles of ERA @$10.99 and with 2 $2.00 coupon gave me a boost to stock up until the next sale!

Anyway, if you have a Shoprite nearby, Tide is on sale for $14.99 with members card and with a MFG coupon will save us even more!

• User
    12 years ago

Just checked with ShopAtHome.com for detergent coupons and this came up:

Here is a link that might be useful: Online coupon for wisk.

• mara_2008
    Original Author
    12 years ago

cleanteamofny, we don't have any Shoprite stores in this area, but THANK YOU for the Wisk coupon! :)