Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
davidchance

Which Persil can be used in a HE Front Loader?

davidchance
11 years ago

After all the great things I've heard about Persil, I'm ready to give it a try. My skin is very sensitive to most detergents and I've read this is a good, quality detergent.

But which ones can be used in a HE front loader?

Thanks for reading.

Comments (9)

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

As far as I know, all of them. Be aware that the Persil "Sensitive" has a perfume, in case perfumes are the skin allergy trigger.

• whirlpool_trainee
    11 years ago

All of them are HE compatible.

• davidchance
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply.

Has anyone with very sensative skin had good results using it? I saw their sensitive has almond milk and I'm wondering if that would bother someone (me) with a nut food allergy?

• MarkinAZ
    11 years ago

Agreed. All of them produce very little sudsing and do a great job of cleaning. I use the persil Mega_pearls for all the whites and the Color version for our colors. If you're sensitive, then turn on the extra rinse option on your Miele washer. If you are using another brand of washer it may be called "sensitive" or "extra rinse or something similar.

Persil and Miele's are amazing in what they can do and how well they actually clean, vs American machines that require a ton of additives, bleach, and heavy duty detergents like Tide to get the cloths half-way clean. But the top loaders do tend to leave a great percentage of these chemicals and additives in the cloths.

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

Hubby and I cannot use the "Sensitive" formula on garments worn next to our skin. I itch like mad and he gets a rash. We figure it's the perfume, since free/clear detergents don't bother us.

• davidchance
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Reply to Cavimum (My Page) on Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 8:44
    "Hubby and I cannot use the "Sensitive" formula on garments worn next to our skin. I itch like mad and he gets a rash. We figure it's the perfume, since free/clear detergents don't bother us."

Thats just what happens to me. Especially if I'm outside and get hot or sweaty.

I'm OK using the Seventh Generation Free and Clear but it isn't the best at actually cleaning my clothes.

I used to love Tide before they went to the ultra concentrated. It cleaned great and I never had a reaction to it. Their ultra, however is a nightmare. This was in my previous top loader.

I always use my front loader GE's extra rinse cycle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seventh Generation Free and Clear

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

@davidchance - Have you tried the Sears Ultra powder Free/Clear? (liked below) It has no oxygen bleach, so it is safe for dark colors although it has the OBAs that almost all detergents have. It really is great stuff. When I do a load of whites, I add the Ecover oxy bleach. There is also a Sears Ultra 'free/clear' version with Oxy bleach.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears Ultra Plus free/clear

• davidchance
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Posted by Cavimum (My Page) on Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 21:07
    "@davidchance - Have you tried the Sears Ultra powder Free/Clear? (liked below) It has no oxygen bleach, so it is safe for dark colors although it has the OBAs that almost all detergents have. It really is great stuff. When I do a load of whites, I add the Ecover oxy bleach. There is also a Sears Ultra 'free/clear' version with Oxy bleach."

I'm gonna give the Sears a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Have you ever tried the liquid? I see they have a Free in a liquid as well and it comes in a smaller size so I can see if it bothers my skin.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sears Ultra Plus Liquid

• Cavimum
    11 years ago

@davidchance - I have not tried the Sears liquid and won't . I prefer powders because I find them easier to use. The liquids also tend to have more sudsing in my water and washer, especially in hot water, which makes more work for me in getting it out with extra rinses.