Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Speed Queen 542 washer. How much did you pay??

Posted by pupwhipped (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 16:34

I've been quoted $819. I live out in the middle of nowhere, so am lucky to even find one. But, would just like to know what others have paid.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Speed Queen 542 washer. How much did you pay??

Hi pupwhipped, can't remember the exact amount but it a little over $800.

o

Thank you, beagle nc. Sounds like my quote is about right.

Appreciate your reply!

o

Same here ... slightly north of $800 (I'm in So. Cal.).

o

Thanks, jellytoast. I'm in LA.......lower Arkansas. HA!

o

I paid 840 for mine from a local retailer..worth every penny.

o

$809 plus sales tax

o

SQ - Because of you I took a look at Speed Queen. 2 things I'm not liking - the dryer says the drum is painted steel - not stainless. Is this true? I can't really find inside pictures. Second, I read someone's post/review that said she couldn't fit her queen sized quilt into the washer. I have a king size bed and fully expect to wash all my bedding at home (mattress pad, quilts, down blankets, etc. Is this true also?

o

According to speed queens site, the fryer has a galvanized steel drum in it. I have the washer and it will not wash a thick heavy king size comforter in it. Most front loading washers will not wash one either unless they are 4.5cu ft and larger, not effectively in my opinion.

o

Full size is all I ever got in the top load and washed ok. Queen fine in front load. Never tried king.

o

Thanks for the info. Gates - I have a GE front loader now (about 8 years old). Can't remember the size, but my king comforter/quilt fits in there just fine. I wash the king mattress pad and sheets all together too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here