Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maytag Maxima 7000 dryer

Posted by ladyver (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 16:13

For a year we knew our dryer was on the verge of dying, so when it finally died we were tossed up between the Miele and the Maytag Maxima. We wound up going with the Maxima 7000 series, and it did a load of towels just fine. I threw in a king sized vellux blanket last night, and the dryer had it balled tight within 3 minutes flat! I went back to it 6 times, threw a towel in there, changed settings, and NOTHING worked. I'm used to fitted sheets balling up, but I never had an issue with this blanket in my old dryer. Is this an issue with this line or are all these new fancy dryers doing this? I'm about ready to return it, but don't want to change out to find out that most dryers do this!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maytag Maxima 7000 dryer

ladyver: from my reserach this is one of hte biggest complaints for a lot of washer/dryer combos... the miele fans claim miele is the only one that does not ball up towel/sheets...

I was initially loooking at whirlpool and decided on samsung instead but same issue exists with samsungs so looking at elux now.

Failing everything i may miele it or just stick to samsung/elux.

o

... the miele fans claim miele is the only one that does not ball up towel/sheets...
And the Miele fans are wrong. Fisher & Paykel's topload dryer has reverse tumble, works quite nicely for bulky items - sheets, blankets, etc. I've owned/used one for 6 years. They currently offer 3 models, each available in either electric or gas.

Fisher & Paykel dryers

o

@dadoes: Good to know i will add that to my research list.

o

Good to know, thank you! I'm doing a laundry marathon this weekend and hoping that the issue only happens with the vellux. I can always hope, right? I'm probably going to wind up buying a bag of tennis balls, too, just to try. At least the Labs will be happy. Still thinking of making the return and going with Miele, despite their overly crappy attitude towards wanting new customers (long story). Do they ever offer any relief from their extended warranty and installation/delivery charge? All three of those things are an extra $1000 on TOP of the cost of the washer and dryer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here