Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fastonetime

just recieved my Electrolux iQ touch washer and

fastonetime
11 years ago

I love it. Its a big improvement over the wave touch 70 series I had, I know that may sound odd, but here's why.

The washer seems to use more water than the wave touch and that's a plus for me, I was worried the loads wouldn't saturate without the jet, but I was wrong. It seems to me that without the jet the iq washer adds more water to saturate the loads, even though there is no add more water option on this iq touch. I used two tide pods on my queen comforter and they were dissolved 100% I was very suprised. The cycles are a few minutes longer than the wave touch, but I can live with that. I think the extra time is needed to fill and make sure the load is completly saturated because there is no jet. So yes the jet does help saturate the clothes faster, but so far I am satisfied with the results vs the wave touch. The spin speed seems the same, even though its a lower rpm. The spin kicks in right away and stays at full speed through the whole cycle, where as the wave touch starts the spin speed slow, the increases, then increases more until hitting full speed which is around 5 minutes into the spin cycle. Vibrations are non existant with the iq touch as with my wave touch sometimes the vibrations would be bad. The color is the blue, its more of a cobalt blue in my garage, very pretty. Other than that I am very happy downgrading from a wave touch 70 series to a 55 iq touch series.

Comments (6)

• georgect
    11 years ago

Glad to hear fastonetime.

It makes sense that the iQ Touch without a spray jet would use more water (that's great).

Good to hear you're happy. Congrats!

• fastonetime
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes I am very happy. My wave touch would sometimes ball up the towels and clothes, with the iq touch I noticed that this did not happen, here's why. My wave touch manual says it has "cascading wash vanes" and the photo in the manual shows big vanes, well the vanes in all the wave touches I had were very small and dinky vanes, that looked nothing like the photos. My iq touch does have the big vanes with the three blue dots, these bigger wash vanes help un ball up the clothes or towels. I noticed the towels or clothes would hit the bigger wash vanes on the iq touch and by doing so would unravel the balled up clothes. I'm not sure why the wave touch series shows these bigger wash vanes, but yet doesn't have them. They sure help out a lot. I've had a lot of bad wave touches, due to shipping I believe, the iq touch was double wrapped and came close to perfect. I noticed some lines on the stainless steel tub, upon closer look they are two scratches. Now they don't look too deep and don't bug me as long as they are superficial. Can a stainless steel tub be punctured? I don't want to go thru another exchange, I just want to make sure these scratches won't turn into a crack. They are a little depper than a zipper scratch or buckle scratch. What do you think?

• georgect
    11 years ago

No, a superficial scratch wont turn into a crack.
    Did you notice this scratch before ever doing a load?
    I'm sure the stainless steel tub will scratch with metal buttons (jeans) or zippers and such.

Of course the stainless tub is punctured...that's how they make all those tiny holes but that's made with hundreds of pounds of pressure. There is no way anything can puncture the drum with every day use.

I think your good and have nothing at all to worry about.

• cj47
    11 years ago

Fastonetime, I'm glad you're happy with the new machine. I find it odd that your previous 70 balled up sheets and towels. One of the things I love about my 70 Wavetouch is that it *doesn't* ball things up. I have king sized sheets, do a lot of towels and also full loads of jeans, none of which are ever tangled nor balled. I wonder how mine is different from yours, to get such different results? When I read things like this it makes me curious. Glad that you got good customer service and new machines. I hope that this one continues to meet your expectations.

Cj

• cj47
    11 years ago

Fastonetime, I'm glad you're happy with the new machine. I find it odd that your previous 70 balled up sheets and towels. One of the things I love about my 70 Wavetouch is that it *doesn't* ball things up. I have king sized sheets, do a lot of towels and also full loads of jeans, none of which are ever tangled nor balled. I wonder how mine is different from yours, to get such different results? When I read things like this it makes me curious. Glad that you got good customer service and the machine you wanted. I hope that this one continues to meet your expectations.

Cj

• User
    11 years ago

Fastonetime,

I glad to hear that you are now satisfied with the new machine.
    I did take a look inside my machine and yes there is a large seam that runs beside the vane which is normal, so don't worry about it unless clothes are getting caught or damaged.
    Also the wash pattern is variable because of the vari-speed-motor so nothing should ball up or get tangled.

Larry.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County