Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seventh Generation fired Jeffrey Hollender?

Posted by livebetter (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 10, 11 at 14:38

I must really be behind the times. I was doing some reading last night on the Net and came across a few articles about Jeffrey Hollender (founder and, what I thought was, CEO of Seventh Generation).

Turns out he was fired in Fall 2010 by the board of directors. Wow ... he's quite an interesting guy with quite "good" intentions.

Anyway, some interesting reading if anyone is so inclined.

I wonder what the future holds for Seventh Generation?? Sad really.

A quote from one article got me thinking:

"Seventh Generation was never a sustainable brand, not even close. I struggle to find any truly sustainable brand, though I continue to look. The problem is that we’ve confused less bad with good. The fact that we make chlorine free paper towels with 100% post consumer waste doesn’t make the product good- it’s just less bad….

[Climate change is coming faster than we can imagine] All we’ve been able to do is tap lightly on the breaks of the car that is hurling towards the wall."

I hear comments from people all the time about this ingredient or that ingredient in "green" products not being truly green. No one said "green" was perfect. Like Jeffrey says, "it's less bad".

http://www.triplepundit.com/2011/06/jeffrey-hollender-seventh-generation-fired/

Here is a link that might be useful: Inside Seventh Generation's Firing of Founder Jeffrey Hollender

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seventh Generation fired Jeffrey Hollender?

Since "less bad" isn't always so great, I'll stick with my "more good" detergents. LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here