Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
livebetter

Seventh Generation fired Jeffrey Hollender?

livebetter
12 years ago

I must really be behind the times. I was doing some reading last night on the Net and came across a few articles about Jeffrey Hollender (founder and, what I thought was, CEO of Seventh Generation).

Turns out he was fired in Fall 2010 by the board of directors. Wow ... he's quite an interesting guy with quite "good" intentions.

Anyway, some interesting reading if anyone is so inclined.

I wonder what the future holds for Seventh Generation?? Sad really.

A quote from one article got me thinking:

"Seventh Generation was never a sustainable brand, not even close. I struggle to find any truly sustainable brand, though I continue to look. The problem is that weâÂÂve confused less bad with good. The fact that we make chlorine free paper towels with 100% post consumer waste doesnâÂÂt make the product good- itâÂÂs just less badâ¦.

[Climate change is coming faster than we can imagine] All weâÂÂve been able to do is tap lightly on the breaks of the car that is hurling towards the wall."

I hear comments from people all the time about this ingredient or that ingredient in "green" products not being truly green. No one said "green" was perfect. Like Jeffrey says, "it's less bad".

http://www.triplepundit.com/2011/06/jeffrey-hollender-seventh-generation-fired/

Here is a link that might be useful: Inside Seventh Generation's Firing of Founder Jeffrey Hollender

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company