Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laremodel_gw

Dimensions of new laundry closet

LARemodel
9 years ago

Every time I purchase a new w/d it's larger than the previous set. I'm moving my laundry from main level to 2nd floor with access from the hallway. I want to plan for expansion.

The current space for the w/d is a closet, 76" w by 31" d. I have LG f/l and dryer that are about six years old, 27" x 27" and just barely fit, depth-wise.

I want to make the new laundry closet large enough to accommodate purchase of a new w/d set in next few years. I checked the dimensions of two brands: Electrolux and Maytag Maxima. These are 27" wide. But depth is 33" on one and 34" on the other.

What do you think would be a reasonable size laundry closet to plan for w/d sets? I'm planning depth of about 40". Will that be enough?

Current set has the washer on left and dryer on the right. Is this standard?

Maximum width I have available is about 6'10". If I allow 5' for the w/d, it leaves 22" width space for a small sink, broom closet, or stacked baskets of laundry. Which do you think would be most useful? There is a hall bathroom about 8' away from the laundry area - so can access a sink there.

I plan to put a counter over the w/d (no drawers below w/d) and cabinets above that. Space will be water-proofed and enclosed with louvered doors.

Comment (1)