Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kenmore HE3T quit. I'm glad. Best front loader for the $$?

Posted by clc08 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 13:47

I've hated this washer from the start and it finally quit.

I think I'm going back to a top loader.

What is the best bang for the buck? We're empty nesters but I'm still doing about 2 small loads a day of minimally soiled clothing. Need to be able to wash a king size quilt.

I have missed clean, soft clothes. That beast I paid a fortune for wasn't the answer....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kenmore HE3T quit. I'm glad. Best front loader for the $$?

Careful, today's top loaders aren't like traditional top loaders. They may use less water or may not give true hot water washes.

Speed Queen may be the last true traditional top loader out there right now.

o

I love my Maytag Bravos. Its capacity is listed as 5.2 cu ft, and I can easily wash a king-size comforter.

If you want to be able to wash with true hot water (instead of hot water cooled down with cold water), you will need an internal water heater -- unless you buy Speed Queen.

When I was researching washers, SQ didn't have a washer big enough for my family, and their washers are expensive.

My washer has an internal water heater, and does everything I need it to do very well.

o

Ok, thanks. I'll start a different thread. I had visions of a wonderful top loader the way the used to be...darn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here