Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fisher paykel dryer making sounds

Posted by rambafund (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 9, 11 at 13:45

I have owned a Fisher & Paykel top loading Intuitive dryer for about 5 years. I love it. A few months ago it started to make a high pitched squeaky sound when drying. Today it is making a very loud groaning sound when drying. The groan gets much quieter if I take out half of the laundry. When I pause the laundry, the loud groan lasts several seconds as the dryer gets ready for me to open it. Does anyone know what is causing these sounds? Is it something that I can possible fix? If I need a technician to come out, what is the best way to find one who is familiar with the fisher paykel brand? Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fisher paykel dryer making sounds

Wear points are 1) the belt idler pulleys; 2) the main drum bearing at right center; 3) the left-side drum support bearings (ceramic bushings) on the air duct assembly. Less likely, the motor bearings. Being as load size (weight) has an effect, probably #2 and/or #3.

The main drum bearing can be replaced from inside without otherwise disassembling the machine. The other items require disassembly, which is different than other dryers and requires working space in front of the machine. The top deck raises up, the front panel comes off, remove the inner door closer mechanism and a few other wires, then the entire inner chassis tilts forward and out of the outer cabinet.

Whether you can do the repair(s) yourself depends on your mechanical ability. Parts are available via SearsPartsDirect.com, FisherPaykelParts.net (not related to F&P parent company), or possibly direct from F&P. I can send a service manual, but you don't have e-mail contact on your GardenWeb profile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here