Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fisher Paykal GWL11 washing machine issue

Posted by fvekas (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 13:20

Hello all, I need some assistance and believe someone here may be able to point me in the right direction. I have a Fisher Paykal GWL11 washing machine that we really like and have been using for several years now with no problems...However recently no matter what mode we start in ie regular, delicate so on and so on, the machine begins to fill then stops and beeps about once a second. There are 8 small lights on the panel some are lit others are not, non are flashing. If x= off and o = on then the panel from left to right looks like this, x x o o x x o o . I suspect from reading this forum this series of lights is a code.
Once the machine begins this acting up the only way I can resolve it, is to power the machine down and then re-start. I have noticed that during fill-up the water does not come out of the (what I refer to as) re-circulating output as fast as it once did. The machine does fill up but I think something is amiss. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fisher Paykal GWL11 washing machine issue

You have a problem with the diverter valve, which is what shifts the pumped flow to the recirculation port or to the drain hose. It's not shifting to recirculate, either due to being broken/bad or clogged with debris. The weak recirculation stream indicates some of the flow is going to the drain, which triggers the machine to refill when the water level drops below what's required for recirculation. It'll refill a couple times, then stop with a fault code (51 is the code you're seeing on the cycle progress lights).

The diverter is mounted under the tub toward the right side, sort of a triangular device (possibly inside a protective plastic bag), a couple wires connected and three hoses (from the pump, the drain hose, and the recirculation hose). Remove and examine for debris inside. If you have a volt/ohm meter for testing, it should read between 700 and 2,500 ohms depending on its temperature (cool or heated from use). Visually examine also if the linkage between the valve flapper and wax motor piston is broken.

The Perm Press cycle does not use the diverter, it skips the initial recirculation period, fills directly to the agitated wash period ... so you should be able to use Perm Press without the error occurring until you can fix the problem.

o
RE: Fisher Paykal GWL11 washing machine issue

Thank you very much, I will try to determine if it is clogged or broken. Thank you again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here