Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fisher paykel 1wl16

Posted by minors5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 30, 11 at 13:07

Hi, I'm looking for dadoes as he seems to be the expert and from his previous messages I have been able to fix my washing machine many times! I have no power to my washing machine and have checked previous emailers and it seems to be an oob switch or my main controller board. I have taken the whole console apart and do not see a oob switch so am presuming this machine does not come with one. Do I really need to replace the whole main board or is there something I can fix. I'm sure that my machine was unbalanced or may have splashed water as I was washing an odd large thing. I see a tube with a blue wire clamped to the board. The wire inside the tube does not seemed to be attached to anything does it work by air pressure or something(could this be my problem)?
Thank you for your time, I hope you can help me before the repairman comes tomorrow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fisher paykel 1wl16

IWL16 is a Phase 7 machine, which does not have an OOB switch. It uses "bump detection software" that does not involve a physical switch. The tube on the board is for the water level pressure sensor and has nothing to do with the machine being dead. The other end of it connects to a small air dome on side of the tub. The wire inside doesn't connect to anything, presumably it's to add stability and help prevent the tube from kinking at the board end.

A dead machine can only be caused by a bad controller board, or possibly the display board but that's rare). Have you examined the pump for evidence of leaking? Pumps leaking/wet over a period of time are the primary cause of a zapped board. There's typically a fuse on the board that blows. It's soldered to the board and not intended to be replaced separately because the premise is that if the fuse blew then some other electronic components on the board were probably damaged. However, I've had contact with a couple DIYers who did replace the fuse, one successful and one apparently did have further trouble with the board.

o
RE: fisher paykel 1wl16

Great resource !

Here is a link that might be useful: teardrop banners

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here