Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
maytag bravos mvwb850 washer

Posted by sld_sandy (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 12:42

Just went on the Maytag.com website and this washer is no longer listed...Has it been discontinued?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: maytag bravos mvwb850 washer

I didn't review all the listed models, but for the two top-featured machines per model number ...

MVWB755Y description says it includes a supplementary heater, BUT the parts list does NOT show a heating element and there's no mention of water heating in the linked user manual. It uses the same mechanical design (F&P SmartDrive motor) as MVWB850W.

MVWX700X is the updated belt-drive mechanical design, also without water heating.

MVWB850W clearly shows a heating element in the parts list.

o

Had a technician here for a Whirlpool Freezer problem and he said the Maytag Bravos 850 has been discontinued. Also was just at Lowe's and they didn't have any either.
I've only had this washer & dryer for about three weeks. Who would have thought!!!

o

The 850 is being replaced with the 950. Should be out soon.

o

Just did a Google search on: Maytag MVWB950

Here is a link that might be useful: Maytag Bravos XL HE Top Load Washer with PowerWash System

o

Correction on my earlier post. There will be a 750, 850, and 950. These have been revised and the capacity increased from 4 cubic feet to 4.6 cubic feet. A smidge larger than LG and a smidge smaller than the Samsung.

Whirlpool will offer similar 4.6 cf models. They are WTW8200, WTW8600, and WTW8800. The impeller on the Whirlpool models is wrapped in a soft-touch material that's supposed to be gentler to fabrics.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here