Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is Powder Tide HE with bleach still made?

Posted by dbfirewife (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 21, 12 at 12:35

Does Tide still make a powdered HE with bleach? I have not been able to find it anywhere in my area for quite a while. I used to be able to get it at Target but not anymore. None of the grocery stores or Walmart have it either. I have resorted to regular powdered HE Tide and using the Tide stain pods with it and I bought both of those last night, haven't tried them yet. Just curious if it's available in anyone else's area...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is Powder Tide HE with bleach still made?

There is still a version of Tide with Bleach. It has changed to "Tide with Bleach, Vivid White and Bright." I found it at my local Target and Lowes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tide Vivid White and Bright Powder

o
Incorrect Link

Here is a link to the HE version.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tide Vivid White and Bright - HE

o

Yes it is still made, I find it in Walmart and BJ's Wholesale

o

I was in BJ's (my favorite warehouse store) this week, and did not see any Tide powder detergent at all, only liquids. I didn't need to buy any, just glanced at the shelves because of this thread, so I hope I just missed it and it's still there. It's been SO much cheaper buying it there than anywhere else.

o

I have heard that the new powder Tide Vivid White is in fact the same formulation as the previous Tide with Bleach. The name was changed to promote to consumers that it's a color-safe, non-chlorine bleach.

o

I gave up Tide because of the cost and found it not any better. I found generic brands that do just as well. I am sensitive to fragrances and to much bleach. I found Purex Triple Action worked as well as Tide with bleach. I don't know if it is made in granular or not.

o

I"ve had poor results with Purex, but very good results with Tide for cleaning and stain removal.

o

Just saw it at Sam's Club last night!

o

I've had poor results with Purex, but very good results with Tide for cleaning and stain removal.

Same here.

o

I love Tide HE w/ Bleach powder! I've just recently re-discovered my stash after getting into a detergent rut. Two tablespoons in my Miele W4842 are all it takes to clean and leave clothes smelling fresh, but without a heavy-handed scent. I'm pleased with how well this powder cleans and rinses. In fact, clothes come out very soft and fluffy after using Tide HE w/ Bleach powder.

o

I'm greatly relieved to post a correction here of my post above.

I was in BJ's again a few days ago, checked the laundry aisle more carefully, and they DO have Tide HE w/ Bleach powder. It's been renamed Tide Vivid, but they stil have the original boxes.

I am SO relieved about this, as BJ's prices are SO much lower than anyone else's. Whew. :)

o

I still can't find it in any of the stores in my town...But regular tide with a stain pod is doing a good job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here