Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flynnnj

Lots of gas and still in the 'closet'

flynnnj
12 years ago

I've been told that I need to stay with traditional gas W/D due to my space set-up so here goes.... which W/D do you recommend?

It's a townhouse where the W/D are in a closet area with bi-fold doors. I've maxed out the space with 2 shelves for stuff and a pole above the W/D for air drying, etc., and put a small 8" cart between them to hold bleach, fabric softener, etc.

The interior space is 33" deep and 6' long.

The current washer is 28" across the front and 27" deep which leaves room behind for the hose and hook-ups. It's an 8 year old Maytag and I'm disappointed in it's cleaning.

The dryer is 29" across and 26" deep. It's the original builder's Whirlpool from 1989 - 22 years old!!!

It works but I can put socks and delicates on top of the dryer because a lot of 'warmth' escapes when it's on. Hmm- something tells me that a whole lot of heat is escaping and maybe it's time for a new one :)

I've searched the messages but almost everything is about FL. We are not looking for very TOP of the line but do value reliability and better cleaning than with our older units.

PS-

Does anyone think a front loader could fit - if so which? It's just 2 of us most of the time. Would the FL mean we'd have to give up the pole or some of the shelving? If so, the top load will be good enough.

Comments (2)