Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maries1120

W/D decision -change in plans

maries1120
10 years ago

DH and I talked about getting a Speed Queen washer and dryer. While he was out of the country for work I did the research on these but also had 3 front loaders for him to see as we'll. he likes doing laundry and I happily oblige. He kept saying he wanted basic but I wanted him to have options and the pros and cons of the traditional vs front loader. Washer and dryer didn't need to match since this is in the basement and we have no issue with being eclectic. I don't know that there is a huge difference with dryer technology. We weren't going to be able to go with the standard pedestals under a front loader due to existing cabinets but we know we could get something made. A front loader not raised wasn't an option but we only had 48" to work with. Enter the GE right height washer and dryer with an integrated pedestal and height of 47" that the store just got in. And made in the US was a requirement for DH.

DH gets back and yesterday we went off to the appliance store. I liked the Electrolux since the washer door is reversible. Unfortunately not made in US.. DH looked at the GE set and the Speed Queens along with some others. He selected the GE Right Height both the washer and dryer. We probably won't get it for 2weeks unless I can get some things worked out for the 10th. I was sure he'd go either all Speed Queen or front load washer and Speed Queen dryer.

Hoping this was the right decision but I'm excited to get them!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz