Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
larsi_gw

major miele w4842 snafu :((

larsi_gw
11 years ago

Of course, naturally, figures....On the weekend & 2 days before our big Hawaiian vacation (and there is a ton to be washed before and after the trip).

Put in a load of clothes last night (Saturday 8/4/12)...Custom/Very warm, Sensitive/3rd Rinse, Max Spin. Hit the Start button, the door locked....and no water! You could hear it sounding like it wanted to fill, but nothing. Checked all faucets in the laundry room and surrounding bathrooms..and water worked fine.

I cancelled the cycle, but it would not unlock the door! After MANY, MANY attempts to cancel and get the door to unlock...the water started to fill. The machine went thru it's wash cycle. When it was time to drain and rinse and spin...the Alarm went off & the Check drain error message displayed. Door would not unlock. I cancelled the cycle, and got a big bucket, and drained the machine manually, by opening the round door (bottom right of the machine). Hot soapy water, and over filled the bucket (water all over the floor, and inside the drawers that are attached to the pedestals :(( There was NOTHING in the drain..not a button, rock, saftety pin, kid's toy, etc...

Tried doing a manual rinse and drain. Same thing happened. Had to drain the machine using a bucket, since the alarm was beeping and check drain error message.

Again, after MANY attempts...I got the machine to rinse, drain and spin. I bravely did another load of towels...and the machine worked normally. I finished by doing a Clean Machine cycle...and that also worked normally.

While Miele service is VERY good, they are not quick to come out. I am now afraid to try laundry before our trip. Anyone else, ever have this kind of issue? I KNOW it has absolutely nothing to do with it, but now that Miele has killed the W48xx and T98xx Series...now my machine is acting up!! Arghhhhhhh.

Comments (4)