Return to the Laundry Room Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Harmony washer HE only or regular soap?

Posted by vejoan (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 10, 11 at 11:44

While searching the Home Depot website for washers I posted a question about the detergent used in the GE Harmony top loader. The answer sent back is that regular detergent can be used in the Harmony although HE is recommended. Does any one have one? What kind of detergent do you use? If I can buy a new washer without the HE option I would rather do that. But finding a machine with features I like is a tiring project. Any ideas? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Harmony washer HE only or regular soap?

Why don't you list the features you like and maybe some on the forum with vast machine knowledge can help you narrow it down.

I will warn you that you will probably get a lot of different opinions and this process may help you or confuse you further. Good luck!

I follow the belief that you should only use HE detergent in your HE washer. HE washers use much less water and the HE detergents are designed to properly remove/suspend dirt and rinse it away in less water. To me it sounds logical that a detergent for use in a TL with way more water would work differently than one designed to work with very little water.

Others on this forum will tell you otherwise. You have to choose what you think is right.

o
RE: GE Harmony washer HE only or regular soap?

vejoan:

Great question. Personally, I'd stick to HE detergent in HE models, but you can use regular detergent. The trick with regular detergent is that you have to use MUCH less than you normally would. If you don't, you'll get some SERIOUS sudsing (is that even a word?) in washing machine.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Laundry Room Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here