Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_moore_gw

Where Are the New WP Duets Made?

ken_moore
12 years ago

Hey folks! Remember me? I used to be quite active here at this site, but have not been around for quite some time. I'm back in the appliance business (again!), but perhaps I should change my username because it no longer fits in with the new company where I'm selling appliances.

Maybe I should look to see if "Coe_Bold" is available?

Anyways, it's good to be back, and it's really good to be back selling appliances again. I love the machines; I really do.

Anyhoots, as I am re-learning the new lines of washers on the markets, I noticed that a new line of Whirlpool Duet seemingly tops the market in the one thing people are looking for most: capacity. The WFW97 and it's cousins have the highest I've seen at 4.3 cuft (DOE).

I looked at the model number tag and it doesn't say "Made in ______" anywhere. The 3.9 cuFt models still say "Made in Germany" and the 3.5 cuFt models say "Made in Mexico"... but there's nothing I could find anywhere on either of two top-of-the-line models that say where it is made. I've always been told that if it doesn't say "Made in _____", then it is made in the USA. Could this be true?

Is a company other than Frigidaire making frontloaders in America again?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals