Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20088221

Bosch Nexxt not spinning

User
12 years ago

My four-year-old Bosch Nexxt 500 dumped water all over the floor this weekend and now won't spin. When I removed the back cover, it was immediately obvious why this happened.

The drain hose comes up from the pump and pushes into a fitting - friction is the ONLY thing holding the hose in place. Over the course of four years, it vibrated itself loose and water hit the floor. This should have been a very minor, easy fix - just shove the hose back where it belongs. However, the geniuses who designed this machine (and I absolutely love the way it performs and have been extremely pleased up to this point), placed the spin motor control board right under the drain hose connection where it is guaranteed to get wet when the drain hose falls out. There is plenty of room to place this control board on the other side of the machine, out of harm's way. It does have a small, sloped plastic guard over it, but this is inadequate.

So, now I get to replace the motor control board, a $315 part that is becoming difficult to find since Bosch no longer makes this machine.

For those of you who have this machine, I suggest checking your drain hose to ensure it is fully seated, as well as devising a harness to keep it in place. Once you remove the back cover of the machine, you will see the hose on the left side. It should be seated in a plastic fitting such that all you see is the cone portion - if you see the larger, straight portion, push it in further. I will take some pics if anyone requests them. I wish someone had told me about this earlier. I would also like a few choice words with the braintrust who decided it was a good idea to place electronics in the only location guaranteed to get them covered with water.

Comments (6)